Unable to play voicemail online

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
murphy
Re: Unable to play voicemail online

Post by murphy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 am

asapReps wrote:Listening to VM at my.ooma.com is still a problem today Mon Feb 1. I had been able to listen to VM last week. Not today. When selecting a row in the list, it "tries" to do something (get a small loading indication), but nothing happens after that stops.
It's on the status list as being investigated.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Emily

Post by Emily » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 am

Me too -- was able to listen to messages online before. None of my specs have changed since this problem started a few days ago. Now when I go to My Ooma to play a message and hit the play button, either nothing at all happens, or it says "Loading" but never plays.

ebouvier

Post by ebouvier » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 am

I have the same problem as well. I'm using Mac OSX. Cannot retrieve using Firefox or Safari. Get a "Loading" animation for a couple of seconds, then ...nothing.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello,

This issue had been reported earlier & it seems to have been resolved.

Kumar_Shah

Post by Kumar_Shah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:20 pm

ntoy

You say:

"Hello,

This issue had been reported earlier & it seems to have been resolved."

Resolved for whom? You?

If you mean everybody, you are quite wrong. I am also having this problem.

Problem persisted on my Windows 7 desktop with Chrome, Firefox and IE8. Also on my laptop with Win XP and Firefox.

I disabled Adblock Plus in my Firefox, and the problem seemed to go away for a while, but back again.

Kumar_Shah

Post by Kumar_Shah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 pm

I just received a call from Ooma customer service saying the problem had been fixed. I tried it out, and the problem does appear to be fixed. Must have happened in the last few minutes.

In other posts, some have said they are unable to download the message to their PCs. How do you go about downloading the message? When I right click on a message, I see no option to download. No download option in the "More Options" menu.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Click on the gear at the right end of the message,
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Hello,

In your inbox in the far right hand corner under actions, click on the down arrow next to the gear icon & click on Download, you should see a popup window to save the file.

Kumar_Shah

Post by Kumar_Shah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:00 pm

murphy, ntoy:

Thank you. Now I know how to download messages.

Re the problem I and others had about not being able to play voicemail messages from the My Ooma page, I still have this problem occasionally. Clicking on the "Reload Current Page' button my Firefox browser solves the occasional problem.

CRoooCR

Post by CRoooCR » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

It's working again! I just tried to play all my voice mails, and they all are playing normally now. I think that once Ooma became aware of the problem, they fixed it pretty quickly. However, they don't provide support on the weekends, so all of us users kinda get left hanging. I'm hoping they overcome their growing pains, because I want them to succeed. I really like the voice quality (and low cost) of the system.