Busy signal?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
kagy
Busy signal?

Post by kagy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm starting a new thread because the other one with this topic is getting stale, and this is important to me. I have sent an email to tech support, but those mostly go unanswered.

I've reported this problem before, but thought that once my number was ported to Ooma it would resolve itself. In a previous thread, Mojo asked me to keep track of times if it ever happened again.

At 5:25 PM PST today, my son called here and got a busy signal. There was no one on the home (Ooma) phone, but even if there had been, I have the premium service with a second line. At the very least, call waiting should have sent him through. He immediately called back to my cell phone and reported the busy signal to me. I had him hang up and call back on the home line, which he did at 5:32 PM PST. This time he got through.

Later, at 7:15 PM PST I started calling my Ooma number with my cell phone. Got a busy signal. No one was using the Ooma line(s). In fact I tried back a number of times - about a half dozen times, and could not get through to my Ooma line. I finally pushed the "send to voice mail" button on the main Ooma hub, effectively activating the "privacy" setting, then pressed it again to deactivate it. Called back and got though. I never use this button, but it's the first thing I thought to troubleshoot. I don't know if that really accomplished anything, or getting through the next call was purely coincidental.

What's the prognosis, Ooma?

Update: Ooma line is effectively inop as of 7:45 PM PST for incoming calls. Every call to here gets a busy signal. I've tried on my cell phone, and had the neighbors try from their land lines. Outgoing calls are ok, but all incoming calls get a busy signal.
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

trim81

Re: Busy signal?

Post by trim81 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:56 am

works fine here..

have you tried rebooting the system?

Maybe you need to call tech support

kagy

Post by kagy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 am

trim81 wrote:works fine here..

have you tried rebooting the system?

Maybe you need to call tech support

Rebooting, as in unplugging it, then plugging back in? If so, then yes, I've tried that.

Tech support is on my list, but this happened during the weekend, and I don't know if they'll be there on Monday, the holiday. I'll try.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am

@kagy Were you able to reach support OK on Monday? I believe Support is open everyday (even on christmas and thanksgiving). I asked them to followup with you.
Bobby B

kagy

Post by kagy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Bobby B wrote:@kagy Were you able to reach support OK on Monday? I believe Support is open everyday (even on christmas and thanksgiving). I asked them to followup with you.
Yes. Thanks for checking back. I'm in contact with them, but it's going to be difficult to track this problem down since it's intermittent.

magichael

Post by magichael » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:26 pm

This same thing just happened to me for the first time tonight. Tried calling my ooma number and got a busy signal. At first I thought it was because our phone was in the porting process. But then later tonight, now I can call the ooma number and it rings! Previously, we could only call out on the Ooma number. I would think that the calls in would at least go to voice mail. Any ideas as to what causes this? I did nothing special to change anything. It just started working again. We've had the Ooma service about 3 weeks now, and this is the first time this has happened.

kagy

Post by kagy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:08 pm

magichael wrote:This same thing just happened to me for the first time tonight. Tried calling my ooma number and got a busy signal. At first I thought it was because our phone was in the porting process. But then later tonight, now I can call the ooma number and it rings! Previously, we could only call out on the Ooma number. I would think that the calls in would at least go to voice mail. Any ideas as to what causes this? I did nothing special to change anything. It just started working again. We've had the Ooma service about 3 weeks now, and this is the first time this has happened.
I'm sorry to say that there's been no resolution at my end. Ooma support has called, but I missed their call. In the message they left, they asked me to email particulars, which I did, but never heard back from them. The reason I never pestered them further is because it seems to have cleared up here, but how would I know if someone tried to call here and got a busy signal? Ooma wants to know every time it happens, but that's simply impossible to know, and those calls won't be on the Ooma call log.

good luck.

kianna

Post by kianna » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:12 pm

I have just activated my ooma system a few hours ago. Can call out, but calls in receive a busy signal. I haven't found any reference to this in the troubleshooting guide. The envelope button is lit but nothing happens when I push it. (I've already listened to the welcome message from ooma) Any suggestions would be great.

magichael

Post by magichael » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I think if the envelope button is lit, just push it and hold it down till it turns off (one or two seconds). While it is lit, it should be sending messages to voicemail. I don't know why you would be getting a busy signal in that case...

Mike

chefnee

Post by chefnee » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:34 pm

I finally am starting my porting process. First I had my phone company "dry loop" DSL from the landline. Now I can't make any outgoing phone calls. "Your call can not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again." This is the message I get everytime I try to dial out.

The only way I can make calls is to plug my phone back into the landline port, not my DSL port. I even have the DSL filter on-still nothing. Does any one have this problem. Thanks in advance.