Anonymous Caller

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
interpolarity
Anonymous Caller

Post by interpolarity » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 pm

I keep getting calls from an anonymous caller who picks up, waits until we make a sound and hangs up... it sounds like someone is breathing on the other end. I do not have premier, because the whole point of Ooma for us was to get rid of a bill...
Is there anyway to block it or at least find out the number so I can trace it?
Please help, I'm getting kinda freaked out here...

murphy

Re: Anonymous Caller

Post by murphy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

interpolarity wrote:I keep getting calls from an anonymous caller who picks up, waits until we make a sound and hangs up... it sounds like someone is breathing on the other end. I do not have premier, because the whole point of Ooma for us was to get rid of a bill...
Is there anyway to block it or at least find out the number so I can trace it?
Please help, I'm getting kinda freaked out here...
Have you checked the call log in your my.ooma.com account?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bw1

Re: Anonymous Caller

Post by bw1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 pm

If it's anonymous, you should be able to block it using Anonymous Call Block under privacy preferences in my.ooma. You can send those calls to voicemail or play a call blocked message.

Anonymous Call Block should be available in both Premier and Core. If you have a Telo, you might not have it without Premier. What does it show under Account -> Services in my.ooma?