Trouble with international calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
loujo
Re: Trouble with international calls

Post by loujo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 am

Thank you for the information. I've been having the same issue calling any international destinations, including Canada and China. After changing my upload speed to 80% of my actual bandwidth (4mb in this case), I was able to make calls to Canada. Will try to call China this evening.

What really frustrated me was that Ooma didn't do anything to help me resolve this issue, couldn't through phone, and never bothered returining my email. I am very dissapointed with their customer service. I am still debating if I should return it to Costco or not.

Ruxrux

Post by Ruxrux » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 pm

I have to report that I've had more successful calls than before, but still not every call is a success. Therefore, I'm still not calling this "case closed", since I do not need to call my mom or sister more than once a day so I need more days' worth of data an I'll let this bake for a while.
Being an engineer, I also cannot really see the connection between the mentioned "solution" and my problem, but if it fixes it, I'll shut up.

As for slow Ooma support response, I've just received a pathetic reply to my unrelated e-mail about international calling billing, which was dated 3/18/10. More than two weeks late, at least they responded.

parsely

Post by parsely » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Ooma told me the same way as what Ruxrux did to fix the problem and have the same outcome as well: not every call can go through. I think it really depend on internet speed.