Can I access second line from regular phone?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
njain
Can I access second line from regular phone?

Post by njain » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:54 am

Just got new telo and installed it.

I am still in the process of testing out various features.

The use-case is that both my wife and I work from home and would like to use the second line feature to make our own calls.

However, I have not been able to have both first and second lines active at the same time using regular phone.

As soon as I press flash on the phone, I do get dial tone on the second line, but then no one is able to talk on the first line. Basically, I am able to use only one line at a time.

Please help.

southsound

Re: Can I access second line from regular phone?

Post by southsound » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

njain wrote:Just got new telo and installed it.

I am still in the process of testing out various features.

The use-case is that both my wife and I work from home and would like to use the second line feature to make our own calls.

However, I have not been able to have both first and second lines active at the same time using regular phone.

As soon as I press flash on the phone, I do get dial tone on the second line, but then no one is able to talk on the first line. Basically, I am able to use only one line at a time.

Please help.
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forums.

The Telo only has one wired port for calls - so without the Telo proprietary handset, you are only able to make or receive one call. As you noticed, flashing to another call does work. If you have Premier service you can use both lines at once by using the Telo handset for one of those calls. Doesn't matter if you use the handset first or phones from your wired connection first, either phone can use either line. The Telo handsets are not "perfect" but I have two of them and they do the job. My phones connected to the wired port are Uniden DECT 6.0 5 handset system. All of the handsets share the same base so they will all be on the same call.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.