Calls Going Straight to Voicemail, Can't Pick Up Line 1

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Re: Calls Going Straight to Voicemail, Can't Pick Up Line 1

Post by 3022880960 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 am

If your calls are directly going to voice mail, you may haveactivated the "do not distrub feature"which makes all the incoming calls to the voicemail directly . "Mail envelop"button on the typically lit red when this happens. However, some time the illumination button (a button on the side of the hub under neeth the mail box button) is set to be low you may not see the red light, . You need to increase brightness all the way to + ve (max) you see the blue ooma light on top and red mail box button illuminated. Now to solve the problem, all you need to do is to press and hold the mail box button for 2 seconds, the red light will go away and you will start receiving calls again.

Good luck!

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:55 am

3022880960 wrote:If your calls are directly going to voice mail, you may haveactivated the "do not distrub feature"which makes all the incoming calls to the voicemail directly . "Mail envelop"button on the typically lit red when this happens. However, some time the illumination button (a button on the side of the hub under neeth the mail box button) is set to be low you may not see the red light, . You need to increase brightness all the way to + ve (max) you see the blue ooma light on top and red mail box button illuminated. Now to solve the problem, all you need to do is to press and hold the mail box button for 2 seconds, the red light will go away and you will start receiving calls again.

Good luck!
Welcome to ooma and congratulations on your first post to the forum. However, I would like to offer a couple of "gentle" suggestions:

1. Unless you want to receive calls from the entire world trying to sell you things, call customer support and have them change your screen name to something besides your phone number. If it is not your real number, then you are giving someone else a nightmare.

2. Before posting, read through the thread. There are many posts above yours that talk about the DND function and the topic has been fully vetted. It makes you look a little silly when you post an answer to a 2 month old post with the same suggestion as the last several posters were discussing.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

safe as milk

Post by safe as milk » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:48 pm

for what it's worth, i'm having exactly the same problem. i have a hub. i don't have premiere. the envelope light isn't lit. my call go straight to voicemail. help!