Calls Going Straight to Voicemail, Can't Pick Up Line 1

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Sharon818
Re: Calls Going Straight to Voicemail, Can't Pick Up Line 1

Post by Sharon818 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:03 pm

I didn't touch the envelope. Only button I touched was the #1.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Sharon818 wrote:I didn't touch the envelope. Only button I touched was the #1.
What color is the envelope?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Sharon818

Post by Sharon818 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:10 pm

murphy wrote:
Not sure if this is a serious question or not... :cool:

But it's not red. And I turned the light intensity all of the way up so I would be sure to be able to tell if it's on. It's not. And this is really a moot point anyway since I'm not a Premier member - the "Do Not Disturb" feature is only available to Premier members.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Sharon818 wrote:
murphy wrote:
Not sure if this is a serious question or not... :cool:

But it's not red. And I turned the light intensity all of the way up so I would be sure to be able to tell if it's on. It's not. And this is really a moot point anyway since I'm not a Premier member - the "Do Not Disturb" feature is only available to Premier members.
You were a trial Premier member for 60 days. If the do not disturb function was on when your Premier trial expired, it may still be on in spite of the envelope not being red. There have been many reports of multi-ring remaining active after the trial of Premier expired.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Sharon818

Post by Sharon818 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:26 am

It's not working - I tried to put the Do Not Disturb function on after you asked and I got the message "only available to Premier members"...so that's not it either. I guess I'll have to spend an hour on the phone with Ooma Support...oh joy.

murkyin09

Post by murkyin09 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

I had the same problem and contacted Ooma support. This was no help. The suggestion was to power cycle reboot the Hub. The CS person suggested that I had DND enabled but I assured her that the envelope button was not lit.
However, being a software programmer, I figured what the heck, why not turn on DND and make sure that the light indicator is working. I held the envelope button for 2 secs and the light did not turn on. Oh, so it looks like DND was really enabled, but the indicator light did not turn on. I held the envelope button again and this time the button lit up red.
If you have the same problem as me, try turning the Do Not Disturb feature on ( which may actually turn it off).

Fixed.

Sharon818

Post by Sharon818 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

murkyin09 wrote:I had the same problem and contacted Ooma support. This was no help. The suggestion was to power cycle reboot the Hub. The CS person suggested that I had DND enabled but I assured her that the envelope button was not lit.
However, being a software programmer, I figured what the heck, why not turn on DND and make sure that the light indicator is working. I held the envelope button for 2 secs and the light did not turn on. Oh, so it looks like DND was really enabled, but the indicator light did not turn on. I held the envelope button again and this time the button lit up red.
If you have the same problem as me, try turning the Do Not Disturb feature on ( which may actually turn it off).

Fixed.

Ok - I did that yesterday, and got nothing...no light, no "the DND feature is only available..." recording. I read your post today and figured, give it another shot....so I held it and nothing. No light. Just the recording, three times in a row...then a flashing light! Then I hit it again to see if it would do it again. No recording. Touched it again, light on, no recording. Touched it one more time, light off. So, let's see what happens next. I'm off to grab my cell phone and call my number...

Amazing. It worked. Thanks to everyone who tried to tell me, and murky who finally got through to me... :? :D

Sharon818

Post by Sharon818 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:56 pm

I spoke too soon...it was fine for exactly 6 hours - then it happened again. And it won't go back to normal. Popped back by itself. All of our messages go to my cell phone, which I removed from forwarding, and it STILL goes to my cell. I don't get it. I might just invest in a Magic Jack instead.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Sharon818 wrote:I spoke too soon...it was fine for exactly 6 hours - then it happened again. And it won't go back to normal. Popped back by itself. All of our messages go to my cell phone, which I removed from forwarding, and it STILL goes to my cell. I don't get it. I might just invest in a Magic Jack instead.
Sounds like something is not correct in your account configuration relative to not being a Premier customer, did you talk to customer service?

Sharon818

Post by Sharon818 » Sat May 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Groundhound wrote:
Sharon818 wrote:I spoke too soon...it was fine for exactly 6 hours - then it happened again. And it won't go back to normal. Popped back by itself. All of our messages go to my cell phone, which I removed from forwarding, and it STILL goes to my cell. I don't get it. I might just invest in a Magic Jack instead.
Sounds like something is not correct in your account configuration relative to not being a Premier customer, did you talk to customer service?

That's my next step...just trying to get rid of this migraine before I tackle Ooma CS. :| Will resolve this and then post about it so that it might help someone else someday.