Porting a number out of Ooma

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Pandora
Porting a number out of Ooma

Post by Pandora » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Ooma seems nice. I like my unit and am very pleased with the quality of the product. The audio quality of calls is amazing.

I'm concerned about what will happen if there is ever a need or desire to port my number out from Ooma.

Is there a charge to port out?

Is the number still in my name once ported in to Ooma?

Once ported out, can I get a new number assigned from Ooma?

scots

Re: Porting a number out of Ooma

Post by scots » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:41 pm

Pandora wrote:Ooma seems nice. I like my unit and am very pleased with the quality of the product. The audio quality of calls is amazing.

I'm concerned about what will happen if there is ever a need or desire to port my number out from Ooma.

Is there a charge to port out?

Is the number still in my name once ported in to Ooma?

Once ported out, can I get a new number assigned from Ooma?
Hey Pandora! :-)

Ooma shouldn't charge you anything to port out, however, the provider you're porting to may (or may not) have a fee to port the number in.

The number should always be in your name no matter where you port it to/from.

You should be able to get a new number assigned from ooma if you port out. Most companies will automatically cancel your account/service once a port occurs, so you'd probably need to contact ooma before you start the porting process to let them know you want to keep your service and be assigned a new number.