No ringing on incoming calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
murphy
Re: No ringing on incoming calls

Post by murphy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 am

Did you activate and get a temporary phone number from Ooma or did you select land line integration?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Cistern

Post by Cistern » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:54 am

murphy wrote:Did you activate and get a temporary phone number from Ooma or did you select land line integration?
I did not get a temp. number. I'm pretty sure I selected landline integration. Is there a way to check to see if that's the case?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:14 am

If you selected integration your my.ooma.com log in ID would be your old phone number.
If you did that all incoming calls will be on your old landline,
Did you connect a phone cable from your land line to the wall jack of the ooma box?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Cistern

Post by Cistern » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 am

murphy wrote:If you selected integration your my.ooma.com log in ID would be your old phone number.
If you did that all incoming calls will be on your old landline,
Did you connect a phone cable from your land line to the wall jack of the ooma box?
I just used a spliter on the phone jack and I'm now running the landline directly into the Telo. I called the home phone on my cell and the home phone rang. My wife picked up and it was a lot of static. She called again to test the voicemail. It's defaulted to four rings, which it did stop ringing after four, but the voicemail did not pick-up. Also, the Line 1 light continued to flash red for about two minutes after she hung up.

Since the phone line is going directly into the Telo now, should I disconnect anything from the Telo that maybe interferring?

phenomf4

Post by phenomf4 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I am in the process of switching from TW. I was not getting incoming calls either. I selected to have the landline integration during the activation process. I was able to recieve incoming calls once I connected the modem to the ooma telo device as follows: From the cable modem I've got the phone line going to a splitter at my wall jack; from the splitter the phone line is connected to the "wall" jack on the rear of the ooma telo device; and finally, I've got my handset connected to the "phone" jack on the back of the ooma telo device. Now I can make and recieve phone calls. The key was getting it connected to the cable modem. Until the number port happens I'm still using TW's service for incoming calls it seems.

If you have a regular land line then you would just connect the ooma device directly to the wall jack until your number has been ported.

I've got my ooma telo connected behind my integrated modem/router and so far call quality is very good. We'll see if after the number gets ported that will change.