Number port and provisioning

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jacque
Number port and provisioning

Post by jacque » Tue May 18, 2010 8:58 am

My number port is scheduled for Friday. I have a couple of questions. Will there be any down time? Any lag between when Qwest stops and Ooma starts? If so, will calls go to voicemail on the relevant service?

Secondly, I've written twice to support about provisioning. I want my ported number listed in Caller ID as my business name, since that's what it is over at Qwest. I wrote to both loa@ooma.com and provisioning@ooma.com and both times all I got back was the same form letter that I received when I first requested the port (I now have four copies of that.) Basically I don't want to have to pay extra to change the CID name, I want it to list my business from the start. I also don't want any period of time where my customers will see my own name instead of my business. Any suggestions on how to proceed with that? It seems that there is no one at customer support who is really alert and awake over there. Maybe it's the 10 hour time difference to India.

jacque

Re: Number port and provisioning

Post by jacque » Tue May 18, 2010 12:37 pm

I need to update this, I just got a reply from Ooma support and they've adjusted my CID name. So all is good, though my port date has been pushed up a couple of weeks. That's okay, I think that's out of their control.