Ooma Hub Won't Ring -

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
runrojo
Ooma Hub Won't Ring -

Post by runrojo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi. I just got the hub and scout. I don't have the scout plugged in.

I have the hub plugged in. I can make calls. I can't receive calls.

The send to voice mail feauture is not on. I'm at a loss.

bw1

Re: Ooma Hub Won't Ring -

Post by bw1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:39 am

Did you select “I would like to use the Ooma system with my current phone provider” or "I would like to use the Ooma system with my current landline" when you activated. In both cases be certain to plug your landline into the port labeled WALL on the back of the Ooma hub otherwise it will not go into service.

Most of us here recommend not integrating your landline, whether you're just testing the Ooma service and will eventually port your number or even if you want to keep your landline for a backup service. The reason is that all incoming calls and local outgoing and 911 calls will be through your landline service. Only long distance calls will be through the Ooma service. Also, you give up much of the included functionality like caller id and call waiting from Ooma.

Once your Ooma device (Hub or Telo) has been activated, the only way to change from an integrated landline to an Ooma supplied phone number is to call customer service.