Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
BitHearder
Re: Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Post by BitHearder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:21 am

What I'm seeing...

In Tampa, FL, had several people complain about about not being able to get through. One is getting a message from Verizon Wireless, that "This Verizon wireless number is out of service". But that might just be a manifestation of their wireless service not being able to route the number.

Calling the VoIP from my land line causes 15-30 secs of silence followed by a busy signal. On the Ooma side I hear a second of my outgoing voice mail message from my Ooma Hub, as if during the silence the call is getting routed and "silent ringing", and then getting cut off when the busy signal occurs.

-BitHearder

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 am

Jay521 wrote:I'm in New York and my incoming service is out. I am beginning to miss my landline :cry:
Earlier this year our landline was almost useless because rodents had chewed through the fiber cable that serves our area. It took Qwest almost a week to restore reliable service. During that time, my ooma systems worked flawlessly. This is not to in any way disregard the inconvenience of ooma having problems and the impact it has on subscribers - I just wanted to say it happens with landlines too.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oomadog

Post by oomadog » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am

Same problem as everyone else here. Silence then a fast busy signal. I'm in NY if that helps. Once in a while calls get through. We can make outgoing calls without a problem.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:47 am

Same issue here, all inbound calls get "circuits busy". None of the various call forward or DND settings help. The phone rings but no one is there for normal inbound and forwarded inbound. Enabling DND does not send the call to VM.

VoIP

Post by VoIP » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:00 pm

wpwood3 wrote:
demaximis wrote:It was nice to know, but it would also be nice to know what affected the service and when it is back up -- preferably in an easy to check location on the main site. Having to dig through the forums for the information, and piece it together via customer-by-cusomter complaints is a little customer-service unfriendly.
I agree 100%
Ooma needs a "Service Status" webpage that can be checked and has RRS (or something similar) to automatically notify customers when there is an outage. This is crazy!
There is such a page - http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26

It wasn't updated earlier, but depending on how soon the problem is identified it will determine how soon the page is updated.

It currently lists the following update on network status.

8/17/2010 9:00AM Pacific: We are currently experiencing an issue with inbound calling affecting customers mostly in the Eastern U.S. region. Please check the forums updates, we do apologize for any inconvenience this my cause.

bigdoggy

Post by bigdoggy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Just received a call from a landline in Phoenix, AZ - first call of
the day that went through.

Still not receiving calls from the Eastern US

wpwood3

Post by wpwood3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

VoIP wrote:
There is such a page - http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26

It wasn't updated earlier, but depending on how soon the problem is identified it will determine how soon the page is updated.

It currently lists the following update on network status.

8/17/2010 9:00AM Pacific: We are currently experiencing an issue with inbound calling affecting customers mostly in the Eastern U.S. region. Please check the forums updates, we do apologize for any inconvenience this my cause.
Yes, but that page was not updated until 2 hours after I made my post. The outage was going on for half a day before anyone at Ooma bothered to update that status page! That's NOT acceptable!

Asok

Post by Asok » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Same problem here. Live near Seattle Washington (425 area code). There is another thread in the forums that has a bunch of reports as well...

http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8927

Sounds like Ooma knows about it, so I guess I'll just wait. Honestly, I kind of like the silence at the house :)... but, the rest of the family would like their phone back.

gfrobe

Post by gfrobe » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Same problem in Northern NJ. No incoming calls at all.

hutbay

Post by hutbay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Having the same problem in 314 area code. Call comes in, no one on the other side..the caller gets busy signal.