Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Wizard1
Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Post by Wizard1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 am

I have been using ooma for a few months now with no problems until today. Someone who calls me often tried to contact me but kept receiving a very long pause after dialing my number, followed by a fast busy signal. At first my phone wouldn't ring or display this person's phone number. When this person contacted me on my cell phone to tell me about this, I unplugged my hub for a few minutes to reset it. Afterwards, my phone would ring and display the caller's phone number but when I answered the call no one was there, just a blank. When I returned the person's call, they said they heard a fast busy signal when they called me. I have the ooma hub with the extra port for my other phone. I have 2 phone numbers and had the caller try the other phone number with same results. I can make calls and I can receive calls originating from my cell phone or the caller's cell phone without any problems. I have checked my privacy button on the hub and logged into my account to check all settings. Everything looks ok. This caller's number is not blocked. I tried unplugging both the hub and extra port for a few minutes then plugging them back in. They both reset ok and the light turns blue, but this caller still gets a fast busy signal when calling me from their landline phone.

sanjayanita

Re: Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Post by sanjayanita » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:15 am

I am facing same problem. When I call from my Cisco IP Phone it makes a big pause and when I login online it shows call dropped. When I asked my colleague to call from her mobile it gave her a message that line is busy. I am not what to do?

jimingeorgia

Post by jimingeorgia » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 am

I have received several calls and there is no one there. I can make outgoing calls, however, on incoming calls I hear no one. I have actually set up my cell phone to be called during a network outage, and I received a call there when one of the callers tried to reach me. Is there a network issue today?

UgaDog

Post by UgaDog » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:14 am

Exact problem that I'm having today also. Today is first day I've ever experienced problem with Ooma. Hope this can be explained and doesn't last.
I can make outgoing calls fine. Incoming callers get a fast busy signal. Have reset Hub & Scout with no change.

mrtim

Post by mrtim » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:15 am

This is what I have been experiencing all day. Caller hears fast busy after long delay. Ooma customer hears line ring but no one is on the line when answered.

OOMA WE NEED THIS FIXED.

CS does not recognize the problem. Earlier they blamed it on an update but say the update is complete and a simple reboot should fix. Reboot resulted in no joy for me.

mrtim

Post by mrtim » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 am

Looks like they know there's a problem now.

VoIP

Post by VoIP » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 am

Looking at some of the usernames I'm now wondering if this is particular to Georgia. I'm assuming that UgaDog is somewhre in GA? Where is everyone at I'm in Metro Atlanta and cannot receive incoming calls, anyone outside of GA experiencing this problem?

wpwood3

Post by wpwood3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:21 am

mrtim wrote:CS does not recognize the problem. Earlier they blamed it on an update but say the update is complete and a simple reboot should fix. Reboot resulted in no joy for me.
That's weird because CS told me they are well aware of the problem and said there is a system wide outage as it relates to incoming calls. They told me that their engineers were working on the problem, they gave me a case# and told me I would receive an email when the problem was resolved.

UgaDog

Post by UgaDog » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:29 am

VoIP wrote:Looking at some of the usernames I'm now wondering if this is particular to Georgia. I'm assuming that UgaDog is somewhre in GA? Where is everyone at I'm in Metro Atlanta and cannot receive incoming calls, anyone outside of GA experiencing this problem?
Yes, UgaDog is indeed in Metro Atlanta.

Wizard1

Post by Wizard1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 am

I am in Cleveland, Ohio. This problem must spam over other areas besides Georgia.