Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bigdoggy
Re: Callers receive fast busy signal when calling my Ooma number

Post by bigdoggy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:43 am

Live in Central GA 40 miles south of Atlanta.
Problem existed since early this morning.

VoIP

Post by VoIP » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 am

Wizard1 wrote:I am in Cleveland, Ohio. This problem must spam over other areas besides Georgia.
OK, I've since seen another user check in from FL with the problem. Must have been coincidence that about 4 or 5 users in this thread were from Georgia.

deborahj75

Post by deborahj75 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:50 am

Exact same problem. I am in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area).

demaximis

Post by demaximis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 am

VoIP wrote:
Wizard1 wrote:I am in Cleveland, Ohio. This problem must spam over other areas besides Georgia.
OK, I've since seen another user check in from FL with the problem. Must have been coincidence that about 4 or 5 users in this thread were from Georgia.
Unfortunately, I am another metro Atlanta user (area code 678) with the same problem. I'm a little concerned because I'm a brand-new OOMA customer, and I just registered to have my POTS number ported this morning before trying (unsuccessfully) to call my OOMA temporary number from work and cell (busy signal or "line is busy" recording, respectively). The WAF on this investment is going to go down significantly if the service is not as reliable as a landline.

I'm started digging into the forums, and there appear to be some threads about what happens when outages/service problems crop up, and even a twitter account to check. However, none of these mentioned any problems.

I did just try to call customer service, and the recording stated that there was indeed a service problem and that they are working on it (without giving any detail about the problem or the estimated time of repair). It was nice to know, but it would also be nice to know what affected the service and when it is back up -- preferably in an easy to check location on the main site. Having to dig through the forums for the information, and piece it together via customer-by-cusomter complaints is a little customer-service unfriendly.

wpwood3

Post by wpwood3 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 am

demaximis wrote:It was nice to know, but it would also be nice to know what affected the service and when it is back up -- preferably in an easy to check location on the main site. Having to dig through the forums for the information, and piece it together via customer-by-cusomter complaints is a little customer-service unfriendly.
I agree 100%
Ooma needs a "Service Status" webpage that can be checked and has RRS (or something similar) to automatically notify customers when there is an outage. This is crazy!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:28 am

Just for your info, I've joined since March 2010 and this is the first "outage" like event that I experienced. Also, there hasn't been 1 for a long time prior to me joining either.

dhinkel

Post by dhinkel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 am

In Boston and incoming service is down all day

sanjayanita

Post by sanjayanita » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 am

I am from Cleveland Ohio

mrso

Post by mrso » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 am

I am in Houston, TX. Incoming call is down

Jay521

Post by Jay521 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 am

I'm in New York and my incoming service is out. I am beginning to miss my landline :cry: