Voicemail-callers cannot leave message

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Dennis276
Voicemail-callers cannot leave message

Post by Dennis276 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:28 am

I've been a ooma user for one week. Callers get the generic answer message rather than my personalized one. It tells them my voicemail is full then hangs up on them. My voicemail tells me it's empty. I can hear this on both the hub and scout. The scout is hooked to my three handset panasonic unit and the hub is hooked to my fax and a different handheld panasonic. The answering feature has been turned off on the 3 handset unit. Update, Super visit with Richard C. at Ooma, knowledgeable, took a few minutes of calling my number, diagnosed problem. Even tho I turned off the answering machine feature on my Panasonic phone, callers were being routed to my phone company, MCI, and they would get a full message from Ooma. This will last until I get ported. Going to try setting my Ooma phone to max rings and have my panasonic take the messages, good luck to me. This was painless, while waiting for Ooma to answer I scanned the internet. It was great to talk with a knowledgeable tech who had a great attitude. Thanks Ooma.