no dial tone, scout and hub show blue lights

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
habidat
no dial tone, scout and hub show blue lights

Post by habidat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

Hi - thanks in advance for any help.

Yesterday I suddenly had no dial tone on my phone (it's a regular corded office phone on my desk).

Calls are coming in fine, but go to voice mail after 3-4 rings (the phone itself does not ring, but when I call from my cell, the ooma number rings 3-4 times before voice mail picks up). Obviously, I cannot make outgoing calls.

The scout is on my desk too and I can see the "Line 1" light go on as the call comes in, then I hear the answering message from voice mail pick up. I can check and delete voice mail from the scout with no problem. The brightness is all the way up and I can see that the "do not disturb" button is NOT on.

The hub also shows a blue light and appears to be working fine.

The setup.ooma.com shows:

Your ooma Network is Connected (MY NAME)
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected

Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Device status shows everything connected and running.

- I checked and double-checked all the connections: everything is secure, all little plastic tabs on the ends of the cords are present and accounted for.
- I tried changing the phone cords from the scout to the phone and from the hub to the scout - still no dial tone, same behavior with incoming calls.
- I tried swapping out to another phone - still no dial tone, same behavior with incoming calls.

There are 3 other ooma phones set up in the office (other accounts) and they are all working fine. Internet connection is also working fine.

Anything else to try?

Thanks,
Ann

Re: no dial tone, scout and hub show blue lights

Post by 7032038475 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:40 am

No dial tone, unable to recieve or make any calls.

Thank you
703-203-8475