Scout usage

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
toddbecker
Scout usage

Post by toddbecker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I have my multi-handset cordless phone attached to my hub via the phone port and the wall port connected to the wall. In another room, I have a scout connected to the wall via the wall port and the phone port connected to my Dish Network receiver.

I have two questions, first, shouldn't my caller id display via Dish be working? Second, when talking on one of my cordless handsets, shouldn't I be able to access my instant second line functionality via the Scout (i.e. ability to initiate 3 way calling)? I have tried removing the Dish receiver from the picture and still cannot utilize the line 1 and line 2 buttons on the scout. 3 way calling works fine from the hub.

rix

Re: Scout usage

Post by rix » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:15 am

In order to use the scout it must be connected via 2 wire (ordinary POTS line) to the hub and it must be physically connected to another phone. The scout communicates via HPNA 1.0 with the hub. A new wireless base station (or ordinary phone) is then plugged into the scout in order to have a second line (premier service only).

For the hub and scout to communicate with each other their "wall" inputs must be connected to each other either with the house 2 wire lines or another 2 wire line that you string between them.

WayneDsr

Re: Scout usage

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 am

BTW, I have Direct TV connected to my hub (as recommended) with a 2 way splitter and it shows caller id on my tv screen.

Wayne