Can't pick up voice mail from external phone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
EBDeWitt
Can't pick up voice mail from external phone

Post by EBDeWitt » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 am

When I call my number from my cell phone to try to get voice mail messages. After I press the * button I get a message that states that I can only access my voice mail from my primary phone number. Please hang up and call back from my primary number.

So as it is I can not get my voice mail from my phone. I normally get it from my email but in the area that I was in last weekend I don't get data on my phone so I tried to call and I can not for the life of me figure out what my primary phone number is? do I have a setting wrong or what?

lbmofo

Re: Can't pick up voice mail from external phone

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:31 am

EBDeWitt

Post by EBDeWitt » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Yes the voice mail works. I can receive them and can play them from the ooma directly. Also I have it set to go to my email and I can get them there if I have access to my email.

But if I call in to my number and press the * button it says that I can only access my voice mail from my PRIMARY number please hang up and call back from the PRIMARY number. What is a PRIMARY number?

I am very confused about this.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:39 pm

I should have asked if you setup your PIN.

EBDeWitt

Post by EBDeWitt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks I thought that I had set that up but it wanted me to call on my house phone so that I couls set everything up correctly.