Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
nkaushal94
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by nkaushal94 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 pm

I am still having this problem as well... :(

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:20 am

My problems appear to be fixed. Thank you Ooma.

dschmidt_2000

Post by dschmidt_2000 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Knock on wood, I have not had any problems either.

Dave
(Hub user)

DLEETM

Post by DLEETM » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:48 pm

I just setup my OOMA Hub with two scouts. Outgoing calls work fine but I can't call my ooma number from my cell phone, meaning, it doesn't ring and it goes straight to voicemail everytime.

I haven't tried other phones but it doesn't ring. This is a new number that I got when I activated the hub. Do I need to wait a certain period of time for the incoming calls to ring?

Please help!

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 pm

DLEETM wrote:I just setup my OOMA Hub with two scouts. Outgoing calls work fine but I can't call my ooma number from my cell phone, meaning, it doesn't ring and it goes straight to voicemail everytime.

I haven't tried other phones but it doesn't ring. This is a new number that I got when I activated the hub. Do I need to wait a certain period of time for the incoming calls to ring?

Please help!
Push and hold the envelope key until it turns off.
Make sure the the light intensity knob on the right side is turned up.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Kiran

Post by Kiran » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm

I have an Ooma Telo device. I am using my landline number and am in the process of porting over the number. All my calls seem to be going to my LANDLINE provider's mailbox, which is now full and which I have no way to access. I have turned off call forwarding to no avail. Please help!

2spirit

Post by 2spirit » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:46 am

Kiran . . . I believe this is a manifestation of one of the "problems" that arises from using landline integration mode. Landline integration is not recommended by many users due to the fact that it is not really a true test of the Ooma system. While in this mode, basically all calls are still being handled by your current landline provider, with the exception of outgoing long distance calls . . . those would be handled by Ooma. A better alternative for you may be to call customer service and have them switch your Ooma to stand-alone mode. (Get a new Ooma number) Then, until your port date, you can call your current provider and have your landline number forwarded to your new Ooma number. I think you will have a much better Telo experience without landline integration . . . plus you will be able to use all the Telo features as they are meant to be used.
Oh . . . and welcome to the forums. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable folks here with tons of insight on using the Ooma system.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:46 am

Kiran wrote:I have an Ooma Telo device. I am using my landline number and am in the process of porting over the number. All my calls seem to be going to my LANDLINE provider's mailbox, which is now full and which I have no way to access. I have turned off call forwarding to no avail. Please help!
In addition to 2spirit's advice above, you can retrieve and delete your existing landline voicemails by connecting a phone to any phone jack in your home and dial in to voicemail like you used to - possibly *98 then your passcode. Until the port is completed, the landline is still just like it has always been for accessing messages. The Telo is stripping out the access code because it doesn't recognize it as a valid number. You might want to set the number of rings before calls go to voicemail on the Telo to a shorter time that your landline - that should stop the calls being intercepted before the Telo takes them. I also agree about the problems associated with landline integration (see my signature). :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Kiran

Post by Kiran » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:35 pm

Wow, thank you so much to 2Spirit and Southsound! I did as you suggested, plugged another phone into a wall jack, and was able to clear my 35 voicemail messages. Then I changed the number I have with Ooma and was able to use the same wall jack phone to forward my calls to my new Ooma number. Brilliant!

Blessings on you both and Happy New Year!

tomkowalewski

Post by tomkowalewski » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:26 am

Just activated my Ooma account. I find that whatever I have the "voicemail pickup time" set to in user preferences, the time that occurs between the start of ringing and the transfer to voicemail is about 14 seconds. This results in one, or at most two rings on the phone connected to the Ooma Telo. There is no landline connected to the Telo and call forwarding is set to occur only on network outages. It appears that the "one ring" bug has not yet been fixed.