Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Mack
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by Mack » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I have had a incident open with Ooma Support since Qct.19th and I still have the calls going to voicemail problem. They will not admit they have a problem even though I sent them copies of the forum showing them the problem is wide spread. Two days ago they sent me a new "HUB". Today I discovered all calls were going to voicemail and the message light didn't even flash. I rebooted Ooma and so far I have received two calls correctly. I have answered all the questions support has asked. Even the stupid ones like "do you get a dial tone"? It's an incoming problem, not an outgoing one. All you people having this problem please open an incident with support and maybe they will fix it

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Is this affecting ooma and core users?
Mack wrote:I have had a incident open with Ooma Support since Qct.19th and I still have the calls going to voicemail problem. They will not admit they have a problem even though I sent them copies of the forum showing them the problem is wide spread. Two days ago they sent me a new "HUB". Today I discovered all calls were going to voicemail and the message light didn't even flash. I rebooted Ooma and so far I have received two calls correctly. I have answered all the questions support has asked. Even the stupid ones like "do you get a dial tone"? It's an incoming problem, not an outgoing one. All you people having this problem please open an incident with support and maybe they will fix it

rwp2084

Post by rwp2084 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:29 am

I had same problem. My call forwarding was set to multi-ring to ring my cell phone at the same time and my cell phone was set to forward calls to my Ooma number. When I turned off forwarding on either, the problem was fixed.

Mike K

Post by Mike K » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:55 am

Same problem, but a different solution. I have core service which means no call forwarding. Ooma has identified it as bug 9729, but I have no idea what this is ... or if there is a fix.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:59 am

I have core service (no call forwarding or do not disturb). Do you have an incident open with Ooma? What do they tell you? They even closed my incident once without doing anything.

Mike K

Post by Mike K » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:13 am

I don't think I have an incident report on file with Ooma (not sure how one is created). Bobby and I exchanged e-mails when a call came through that went directly to voice mail, and he said they would be looking into it.

dschmidt_2000

Post by dschmidt_2000 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Add me to the list. 2X today the wife's friend called, phone rang once and that was it. Moments later there was a message on the Hub.

Emailing you now Bobby.

Dave

ShinKen

Post by ShinKen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Bobby sent you an email with the info as this is still happening to me, like I mentioned it is only two numbers that I know of at the moment, but they happen to be my parents and my wife's parents looking to talk to their grand kids...

geobernd

Post by geobernd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Just happened to me as well... 1 ring - then call went straight to voicemail....

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks for the examples - we're taking a look at some of these now.
Bobby B