Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
uconnfan
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by uconnfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Can someone from Ooma provide an update on this problem? The first post was almost two weeks ago and I for one am still experiencing the problem on a consistent basis.

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Do the people experiencing this problem have the Premier service? I do not, but this certainly seems like something that has gone awry with the blacklist function crossing over into the base service and blacklisting some phone numbers.

macsense

Post by macsense » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:58 pm

I too am having the same issue. However, I do not hear my phones ring in the home at all. It is hit and miss as some calls come through and others do not. I'm seeing now that calls from mobile phones are more of an issue than land line or VOIP incoming calls.

Mike K

Post by Mike K » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 am

I would appreciate an update too. I've provided info on calls that have gone directly to voicemail, but haven't received any feedback about what's being done. Thanks.

PeterVT

Post by PeterVT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:28 am

Any status on this problem. I have had several phone calls go straight to voicemail in the past two weeks.

ShinKen

Post by ShinKen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 pm

uconnfan wrote:Do the people experiencing this problem have the Premier service? I do not, but this certainly seems like something that has gone awry with the blacklist function crossing over into the base service and blacklisting some phone numbers.
I have Premier Service and also have this issue. It so inconsistent with this, sometimes the calls come through, but mainly they go directly to voicemail.

It would be nice (and the right thing for ooma to do) to have an update on this issue.

dunelandkites

Post by dunelandkites » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:34 pm

New user here. Similar issue but only have had one call straight to Ooma voice mail. The others go to my old provider voice mail. BTW-my number is still being ported. Could this be the issue. Lastly, my handset does not ring on incoming calls. Not muted, no DND activated, calls not blocked.

rona

Post by rona » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 am

Spoke to tech support who had me make some adjustments to the QOS settings for Ooma. It didn't work. Still dropping calls at least once a day. We really need some answers to this problem. Ooma has been pretty quiet on this. As I said before, I have Ooma core, using hub and scout. This has been going on for at least 3 weeks.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:28 am

dunelandkites wrote:New user here. Similar issue but only have had one call straight to Ooma voice mail. The others go to my old provider voice mail. BTW-my number is still being ported. Could this be the issue. Lastly, my handset does not ring on incoming calls. Not muted, no DND activated, calls not blocked.
This is definitely the issue. You have two voice mail systems trying to answer the same call.
Is the handset connected to the Phone port of the Ooma?
Is the land line providers phone line connected to the Wall port of the Ooma?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

aderyn

Post by aderyn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:49 am

I am again having this problem, too. Last week, Ooma's response was to adjust the software and have me reboot the Telo. This worked for a few days, but now we're back to "straight to voice mail."

I am also extremely disappointed with the sound quality -- constant complaints from callers about several seconds of lag, comments such as "you sound like you're on a really bad cell phone connection." My response from Ooma was simply that this is a known issue and they hope users will continue to provide feedback so Ooma tech can continue to work on it.

All in all, I'm about to call this a failed experiment. My email to customer support today asked for information to return the unit. It's a big letdown after all the good things I'd heard about Ooma, but I'm glad I didn't ditch my phone service yet. I never thought I'd hate a phone company more than I hate CenturyLink, but Ooma looks like it's going to displace them on the list.