Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
2spirit
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by 2spirit » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:59 am

This problem of calls going straight to voicemail has happened only once to me . . . (that I know of!) I don't think that our settings have anything to do with it though. A few days ago Bobby B updated his earlier post and said they think they have found the source of the problem and are actively working on a fix. This is obviously happening to some more than others, but I'm sure a solution will be forthcoming.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:24 pm

It just happened to me on my hub. 1 ring and right to voicemail. Call screening did not work.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:48 pm

murphy wrote:It just happened to me on my hub. 1 ring and right to voicemail. Call screening did not work.
Do you have anonymous call blocking enabled? :D

beerman1957

Post by beerman1957 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:13 pm

I too had this issue but it went away. I can't really explain it, but there you go.

fudder

Post by fudder » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm suffering from this as well. I've gone through preferences and turned off ANYTHING related to screening or blocking or forwarding, but I'm still getting it.

Seems to happen about 50% of the time. Usually clears up for a bit after a reset, but nothing has cured it permanently.

HELP!!! My wife is about to force me to give up on OOma and go back to Comcast :cry:
I don't want to give up on Ooma yet, but she's the one that uses the phone all the time, so she's the one missing all her calls.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:49 pm

For those of you experiencing this frequently, one good way to collect more example problematic calls would be to put your traditional answering machine to good use. Set your Ooma ring to max and have your traditional answering machine kick in after 4 rings. This way, whether you are there to answer your Ooma calls or not, your call log should all be incoming or outgoing calls. Any missed calls would be calls with issues that you can report to Bobby B.

Edit: exception: if caller hangs up before the answering machine picks up, the missed call would be normal.
Last edited by lbmofo on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:13 am

lbmofo wrote:
murphy wrote:It just happened to me on my hub. 1 ring and right to voicemail. Call screening did not work.
Do you have anonymous call blocking enabled? :D
I do but it is set to play the blocked call message not go to voicemail.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 pm

I know of only 1 friend who uses external answering machine via setting the # of Ooma rings to max.

Since joining at beginning of July, he had 4 VMs go into Ooma answering machine (of course he wouldn't know of the ones that went to Ooma VM but didn't leave a message). They were on 8/27, 10/4, 10/25, 11/5.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:12 pm

The Engineering team recently fixed this bug and we're targeting to get this fix out by mid-December. Due to the high priority of this bug, we would've liked to have started the rollout of this fix immediately, however the rollout is blocked by several other bug fix dependencies.
Bobby B

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Bobby B wrote:The Engineering team recently fixed this bug and we're targeting to get this fix out by mid-December. Due to the high priority of this bug, we would've liked to have started the rollout of this fix immediately, however the rollout is blocked by several other bug fix dependencies.
Bobby, is there a workaround that people can implement prior to the fix being released. Or are there particular settings that cause this, which can be avoided?
Go AVS!