Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ntoy
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by ntoy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Shing wrote:Add me to the list of calls going right to voicemail. I am not happy because the call that we had been waiting for was from The Cardiologist with results of some tests!! We did not know the call came in since the hub light was not on and the call was in vicemail! Dr left a message but we were not able to ask questions or find out more because we didn't get to answer the call personally! We couldn't call him back because he was already out of the office. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED QUICKLY!!!

Hello,

I apologize for the delay on the fix. I hear you loud & clear & completely understand your concerns. No need to add you to the list, it is on the back end server side. I noticed you have voicemail pick-up time set to 59 seconds. Since you have premier services, you also have the option of setting call forward to another number like a cell.

Thanks for your patience!

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:54 am

Not for nothing, but I would have thought that Ooma would have upgraded everyone complaining about this problem to Premier or at least given them the call forward feature. After all the primary function of Ooma is making and receiving phone calls and if you can't do that. I for one have a number that calls me on a daily basis that goes directly to voicemail and have had to come up with a work around myself (person dials google voice number then uses google voice to make the call to my house) when it should have been Ooma coming up with the temporary fix.

I for one will be happy with this mess is behind us, because other than this I really have no other complaints.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 am

Does ooma ever throw us a bone? I have been in other situations where hardware or software did not live up to expectations and the manufacturer/developer did nice things to keep us from jumping ship (or at least placate us until the fix was out).
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 am

EricJRW wrote:Does ooma ever throw us a bone? I have been in other situations where hardware or software did not live up to expectations and the manufacturer/developer did nice things to keep us from jumping ship (or at least placate us until the fix was out).
Ooma service is already a huge bone. :D
It would be equivalent to getting a letter from Verizon, AT&T, Qwest saying "Thank you so much for being a paying customer for the past 6, 8 months. As a result, your phone service is free for the next umpteenth months (until your Ooma device goes belly up)."

CloaknDagr

Post by CloaknDagr » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm

I'd sure like to know when this "fix" is implemented so I could shut off my cell phone when I don't need it. I was getting the rollover straight to voicemail until I discovered it was a loop in the 'multi-ring' function. I have my cell phone as the "multi-ring" device, if the cell phone is off calls go straight to voicemail instead of ringing in on my hub/scout, and only on the number the "multi-ring" is active on, not my secondary number. If the cell phone is on, then everything works like it should, but I have the cell phone ringing whenever I get a call on my main number. Makes it a little hard to "do not disturb" on the main number unless I hide the cell phone in another room. I hope this "fix" fixes that.

I otherwise love my Ooma, but it can be a bit frustrating at times.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 pm

When forwarding or multiringing your cell phone, it is best to turn on "press 1 to answer" option.
Otherwise, the cell phone voicemail will answer your calls.
viewtopic.php?t=9787#p67707

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Did not mean to start a rant in the thread. I was simply pointing out that perhaps there was a temporary fix with giving non-Premier members call forwarding or multi ring while the solution was being worked out; because as I indicate the primary purpose of Ooma is to make and receive phone calls; and I have consistently not been able to receive phone calls from at least two number for quite a while now.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:13 am

lbmofo wrote:
EricJRW wrote:Does ooma ever throw us a bone? I have been in other situations where hardware or software did not live up to expectations and the manufacturer/developer did nice things to keep us from jumping ship (or at least placate us until the fix was out).
Ooma service is already a huge bone. :D
It would be equivalent to getting a letter from Verizon, AT&T, Qwest saying "Thank you so much for being a paying customer for the past 6, 8 months. As a result, your phone service is free for the next umpteenth months (until your Ooma device goes belly up)."
True... But I was just curious. I do get bonuses from other services (electric company, credit cards, etc.), so the idea of a "thank you" is not that crazy. But yeah, so far ooma has been very good to me.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

uconnfan

Some incoming calls still go straight to voicemail

Post by uconnfan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Postby ntoy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm
Hello,

I wanted to post an update on this thread. Our engineering team has deployed the fix & successfully upgraded all servers over this past weekend. Also, we are going to close out this thread. If you have questions or issues, please open a new thread.
Whatever fix that was deployed yesterday did not solve my problem. Still at least two phone numbers (same ones) that go straight to voicemail. Seriously need a fix and in the meantime some sort of work-around.

Anybody else still experiencing the problem?

mhowie

Re: Some incoming calls still go straight to voicemail

Post by mhowie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:12 pm

2+ months working on a fix and the version deployed doesn't correct this embarrassing bug? Say it ain't so...
--Howie