Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
EricJRW
Re: Some incoming calls still go straight to voicemail

Post by EricJRW » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 am

dschmidt_2000 wrote:
Postby ntoy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm
Hello,

I wanted to post an update on this thread. Our engineering team has deployed the fix & successfully upgraded all servers over this past weekend. Also, we are going to close out this thread. If you have questions or issues, please open a new thread.
What happened to the above post? (or was it posted in another area?)

Also, why would you close this thread anyways? If the problem goes away, then so will the need to post.
ntoy's quote is the eighth post on page 12 of this very same thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9832&start=110#p70782

I don't understand the "lock the thread" method either. Especially when the fix did not work. If ooma says they fixed it, then the existing thread seems like the perfect place for users (who have posted in the thread and can find it easily) to report success (or failure). There is also a locked "fax is not working" thread. As you say, if it's fixed, people won't post.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

ntoy

Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by ntoy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Hello,

Update:

Our sincere apologies for the problems with the weekend upgrade. It did provide us with valuable data.
A new upgrade of our backend servers completed as of 08:40am pst.
Please continue to post & provide us with feedback.
More details are to follow.

Again we are very sorry for the delay in getting this change deployed.

Thanks!

utahsnow

Post by utahsnow » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Well, this seems to have improved, but maybe not entirely fixed, my issues. I had my caller, who has been unable to call me for 3 weeks, try to call me. She said the first time she tried, it didn't go through, but the second time she tried, it did ring through to my phone and I was able to answer it. Her first attempt didn't go to my Ooma voicemail and doesn't show up in my Ooma call log, so I don't know for sure what happened with that call and maybe it was unrelated.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 pm

I'm having a different variation on this problem, so I don't know whether it is an ooma issue or at my cell carrier.

I have multi-ring turned on so it rings the house ooma number as well as my cell phone.

I don't use the ooma voicemail, and have set it to 59 seconds so that my cell phone voicemail will pickup as necessary.

So here is the issue:

-When my cellphone is on, everything seems to be working correctly.

-When the cellphone is off, it rings both numbers, but is immediately picked up by the cellphone's voicemail and I don't get a chance to answer the ooma number.

FYI it is normal for my phone to ring only once and then hit voicemail when the cellphone number is dialed and the phone is off or out of range.

Do I need to contact sprint to get that changed? or is this an ooma issue? (I'm leaning sprint, but you never know.

THanks!
ooma noob

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm

bonflizubi wrote:-When my cellphone is on, everything seems to be working correctly.

-When the cellphone is off, it rings both numbers, but is immediately picked up by the cellphone's voicemail and I don't get a chance to answer the ooma number.
You can check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9832&start=100#p70686

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:00 pm

lbmofo wrote:
bonflizubi wrote:-When my cellphone is on, everything seems to be working correctly.

You can check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9832&start=100#p70686
ah. ok. except I don't think that will let me use the cell phone's voice mail though. And I want to use the cell phone's vmail as my sole voicemail system. (At least that is how i currently do it.)

I don't want to be having to poll ooma to see if i have messages. Or if i have it text message me when I Have a voice mail then I've got to take a couple steps to get it, rather than just seeing a voice-mail light on my phone where I can one-touch access my voicemail.
ooma noob

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:02 am

Not sure if this is what you want, but I did read that with a call to customer service they can disable ooma voice mail. I think the user should be able to do this, but a call to support would mean the only voicemail active is your cellphone's.

PS. Forum seem very slow today and I was not able to read the post at the above link.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

ShinKen

Post by ShinKen » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Now one number is getting through without any problems, however there is still one number that I am aware of that is still going straight into voicemail. Happened at 3:19PM and 6:44PM on 12/18. This is very frustrating :x

utahsnow

Post by utahsnow » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Still having problems. My caller who has been having problems with calls to me going straight to VM had the problem today. She tried calling twice, but both times it went straight to VM.

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 am

I'm still having the problem with the same numbers as of 1300 EST 12/19.