Voicemail to second line (assigned to Scout) lights the Hub

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Eric P
Voicemail to second line (assigned to Scout) lights the Hub

Post by Eric P » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:15 pm

I have called support for this issue (on Monday July 21 and Again on Tuesday, July 22), but have yet to get a resolution or even so much as a status update, so I figured I would bring this here to the forums to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Whenever a call come in to the line assigned to the Scout, voicemail picks up normally, but if a message is left by the caller, the Play button on the Hub starts to flash, but not the Play button on the scout as it should.

If I press the flashing play button on the Hub, the light stops flashing and the system says there are no new messages. If I press the unlit Play button on the Scout, it says I have a new message, and if I press stop, or Fast Forward, it starts to flash the Scout's play button.

It does this EVERY TIME a message is left on the line assigned to the scout for the past week (that I know of) and did do this the first day after activating the second line on the scout, but had not done it since.

Obviously, this is annoying as I am normally here in my home office and aware of calls coming in for me as my line is assigned to the Hub, but the calls are for my wife, who is often not here and her line is assigned to the Scout.

Eric

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Voicemail to second line (assigned to Scout) lights the Hub

Post by Bobby B » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi Eric, sorry that we didn't send you a follow-up - I'll need to check in what happened.

On July 22nd, I did see you reported your issue and a bug was opened up (internal bug ID is #3977 if you need to reference it in the future). From the bug notes it looks like the root cause is known - I'll follow up with this one on Monday to see how close we are to a resolution.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

Eric P

Post by Eric P » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 am

Thanks Bobby,

Knowing that it is a known bug is better than it being an oddball thing only affecting me. Just getting a status update on an expected resolution timeframe would be very welcome.

My call to support on the 21st was when it first happened and it was suggested that I wait to see if it occurs again, and if so, call support again. Obviously, it did happen again (on the 22nd), so I did call again and they opened the ticket you saw.

Anyhow, thanks again,

Eric Pruss

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 am

Hi Eric,

I checked in with our engineering teams - it looks like they are close to resolving this, but I don't have an estimate on when it'll be available yet. I'll ask the support team to follow up with you later in the week to give you a status update on the bug.

-Bobby
Bobby B

Eric P

Post by Eric P » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:25 am

Thanks again Bobby,

I do appreciate the feedback. I hope to hear from them later this week.

Eric

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Hi Eric, this problem should be fixed now - you may need to reboot your ooma Hub for the fix to pass through OK.

-Bobby
Bobby B

Eric P

Post by Eric P » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks Bobby,

Conveniently, a severe thunderstorm trolled through Atlanta Saturday night and rebooted (90 minute power outage) the ooma for me, and it does indeed seem to be working perfectly fine now. I noticed it reboot on it's own a few minutes ago (Monday at 5:30pm-ish Eastern time). Not sure what that was about, but it was only a few seconds until it was restarted and reconnected to the ooma service.

Thanks again,

Eric

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi Eric,

That reboot was probably due to an upgrade of the ooma Hub which we passed out at around 2:30 PM PDT. If an upgrade is available, the ooma Hub will automatically download the latest software and apply the update. If there are no active calls, the ooma Hub will reboot to apply the update.

The latest software update has some enhancements around inbound caller-ID -- more details to come in the release notes section of the forum in the next couple days.

-Bobby
Bobby B