BLACK LIST (block unwanted calls) -FINALLY HERE!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
Re: BLACK LIST (block unwanted calls) -FINALLY HERE!

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:22 am

Hi Skellner,

I had a look at the system logs but I couldn't find any errors for for the save action for blacklists. I'll send you a note so we can investigate further. This might be related to the delete problem trim81 is experiencing.

-Bobby
Bobby B

trim81

Post by trim81 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:36 am

OK, looks like main hub and scouts are WORKING properly and blocking today ---

The problem with not being able to delete my personal block is with a Grand Central Firefox Addon I use, found here:http://thatsmith.com/2008/06/grandcentr ... r-firefox/

--I deleted the number in IE, and in non- addon FF and it properly deletes..(problem is with the add on)

So all is okay with blocking.

NOTE However, Voicemail greeting will still not propogate with my scout XXX-XXX-7249

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks for letting us know --

I think our Engineering team has figured out this voicemail greeting update problem for your personal Scout. We'll let you know once it is in place.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

trim81

Post by trim81 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Bobby and Ooma:

Just an fyi:
voicemail personal greeting on my scout XXX-XXX-7249 is not propogating correctly still...

(I did not want to start a new thread)

Thanks in advance

scots

Post by scots » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:39 am

I like the blacklist option, but would like to see it split into two lists. One list would send all numbers on the list to voicemail, and the other list would block all numbers on the list. Or continue with the one list, but allow us to select what happens to each number at the time we add the number to the list rather than having the same option apply to all numbers on the list. This way, if we have some numbers that we don't want to block entirely but just want to go to voicemail we can do so.

garyb

Post by garyb » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Is there a way to specify Wild Cards in the blacklist? . i.e. I want to block all 800, 888 and 877 numbers.

EDS

Post by EDS » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:39 am

There are some calls I am getting that come from a number 0123456 that I want to block (its either a SKYPE number or a private number). In the call log the number comes up as 2345 and because the system does not see it as a real number it does not allow me to block it. Any way around this?

dbrund

Post by dbrund » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 pm

My ISP just recently started offering VoIP. They have call blocking divided like this:

AUTHENTICATE: The caller will be prompted to enter a series of numbers to confirm that it is a real caller and not an automated dialing system.
VOICEMAIL: The caller will be sent directly to your voicemail.
BUSY: The caller will hear a busy signal.
BLOCKED: The caller will hear a recording informing them they are blocked.
DISABLED: Anonymous calls are not restricted at all.

I thought having these options incorporated into the blacklist might be nice. Would this be possible?