Toll Saver

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mrbig
Toll Saver

Post by mrbig » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:46 am

It'll be great if a toll saver feature could be added. Most answering systems I've owned in the past would pick up after the 2nd ring if I had a message, and 4 times if no message.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Toll Saver

Post by Bobby B » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Interesting feature request -- so basically you want to half the time before the Broadband Answering picks up if you have an active message waiting?

Also, I've moved this thread over to the feature request forum.
Bobby B

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:07 am

Thanks for the reply. Using my current answering system, if I hear the phone ring a third time, I know I don't have a message and I simply hang up and I don't have to wait for the machine to pick up and have to enter the code and wait for the machine to tell me I have no messages. If it picks up after the second ring, I know I do have a message.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:38 am

Thanks for the suggestion! Another way to prevent unnecessary calls back home to check messages is to use the voicemail notification feature. Your ooma system will email or text you (on your cell phone) when you have a new message waiting for you. You can also setup voicemail forwarding where the message is forwarded directly to your email. That way you can check your email and voicemail messages at the same time.

kitmo

Post by kitmo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:10 pm

"It'll be great if a toll saver feature could be added. Most answering systems I've owned in the past would pick up after the 2nd ring if I had a message, and 4 times if no message."

Agreed. Very annoying that this is not a standard feature.

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:25 am

Dennis P wrote:Thanks for the suggestion! Another way to prevent unnecessary calls back home to check messages is to use the voicemail notification feature. Your ooma system will email or text you (on your cell phone) when you have a new message waiting for you. You can also setup voicemail forwarding where the message is forwarded directly to your email. That way you can check your email and voicemail messages at the same time.
My wife and I use this feature all the time. We rarely listen to voice mail using the Ooma Telo itself. We just open our email and listen to the attached file. Simple and easy. People leave a message at our home and we get the message are listening to it within a couple of minutes, since it sends a text message to let us know that a message is waiting. People ask, "How did you get my message so quick?" and I tell them about Ooma. If Toll Saver is added, please make it optional. I would not want to use it. My family tends to leave new voice mail untouched since we listen to the sound file on our email.

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:35 am

I use the VM to email and text setting on OOMA.
The text message comes in very quickly, but, Verizon does not allow the attachment of the VM file.
If I wait for the email with the attached file it can take a while to show up.
So I use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nect&hl=en
to get my VM and more.
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo