second phone line feature

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
tjphoton
second phone line feature

Post by tjphoton » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:39 am

Hi,

I will probably graduate from school and move to a new place in the next year, so the second phone line with the area code from that city would be convenient. But the second phone line feature only comes with the ooma Premier subscription. I am not a big fan of the other feature with ooma Premier. Is it feasible to add the second phone line as another add-on for these who don't want ooma Premier, and pay monthly or yearly, like $3/month, or $30/year.

If the above suggestion is not possible, other question related to this topic is whether the $39.99 number porting fee refundable, if the ooma Premier subscription is not during the first 60 days, but say, one year later.

Thanks.

trim81

Re: second phone line feature

Post by trim81 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 am

tjphoton wrote:Hi,

If the above suggestion is not possible, other question related to this topic is whether the $39.99 number porting fee refundable, if the ooma Premier subscription is not during the first 60 days, but say, one year later.

Thanks.

I'd like an answer to this as well..

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: second phone line feature

Post by Dennis P » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:07 pm

The cost of a port ($39.99) is only refundable if you decide to upgrade to an annual subscription of ooma Premier prior to the expiration of the free trial.
Unfortunately, if you decide to upgrade a year after your free trial has expired, the porting costs will not be refundable.

We are looking into allowing you to add a virtual number to your system outside of an ooma Premier subscription. This would enable you to add a second number so it is easier for friends and family to call you from another area , but would not include other capabilities in ooma Premier such as being able to direct calls to certain devices or to have separate voicemail accounts for each phone number. I don't have a firm date yet on when this will be available.