Consumer Reports Users Survey Rates OOMA #1

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
roadshow
Consumer Reports Users Survey Rates OOMA #1

Post by roadshow » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:59 pm

I was very pleased to see that OOMA was rated #1 VOIP, by users survey, in this months Consumer Reports Magazine. It's about time OOMA started getting recognized. I hope that this creates a new customer base for OOMA. Most people have never heard of OOMA, and are unaware of what a great product it is. Way to go OOMA!

[Moderator note: copyrighted image removed]
Last edited by roadshow on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lakeo

Re: OOMA #1 VOIP in Consumer Reports Magazine

Post by Lakeo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm traveling and this months copy of Consumer Reports has not caught up with me yet.

Thanks for bringing this to the Forums attention. Great News.

lakeo

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:56 pm

That's awesome news! I'll have to go pick a copy off the newsstand.
Bobby B

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:03 pm

Haven't received my issue yet, but looking forward to reading the article. Also looked on their website, but oddly, they don't even have April posted yet. :(

n8399

Post by n8399 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 am

May 2011 issue CR from OP's second page screenshot. "This" month April is annual car issue.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:56 am

n8399 wrote:May 2011 issue CR from OP's second page screenshot. "This" month April is annual car issue.
I have had the April issue for some time. I would have thought the website would have been updated to coincide with the release of the magazine. Guess not. :?

EDIT:
May issue arrived today! :D

Davesworld

Post by Davesworld » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:48 pm

This is misleading by the OP. This is nothing but the opinions of the readers who bothered to fill out the survey. CU has nothing to do with this other than posting the survey results.

roadshow

Re: Consumer Reports Survey Rates OOMA #1

Post by roadshow » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:55 am

I didn't think it was misleading at all. Yes, it was based on users ratings survey, but CR posted the results as "ratings", and OOMA was #1 VOIP. Polling users is the only way that CR can get an accurate rating for a home phone service.
I have edited the post to reflect that it was based on users ratings to avoid any future confusion.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:31 am

Consumer Reports actually did more than just post their user survey results. Based on the article and what I've heard, they actually setup and tried Ooma with positive results. They also interviewed real Ooma customers to get their feedback on the product and service. I'm not sure if they did this extra research for all the products/services listed in the table, or if Ooma was singled out because it came out on top in the user survey results.
Davesworld wrote:This is misleading by the OP. This is nothing but the opinions of the readers who bothered to fill out the survey. CU has nothing to do with this other than posting the survey results.
Bobby B

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 am

Bobby B wrote:Consumer Reports actually did more than just post their user survey results. Based on the article and what I've heard here, they actually setup and tried Ooma with positive results.
Here is the video: http://news.consumerreports.org/electro ... video.html
Last edited by lbmofo on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.