Battery Replacement

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
aikijujitsu2001
Battery Replacement

Post by aikijujitsu2001 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 am

I've had a few troubles with my Telo handset. Ooma support has been quick to replace it. Now I think I've narrowed the trouble down to the battery. As a result of receiving a replacement handset with battery, I have two batteries. One is stone dead and will not accept a charge and the other will only keep a 5 minute charge. When I try to replace them in the market I find that the batteries have a unique plug in. In short I can not replace them. This is a problem.

I love my Ooma but find the only way I can replace the battery is to call support. They will send out a new handset if I'm under warranty. The unique plug is either a good way to ensure I purchase a new warranty or some very short sighted engineering. Wouldn't it make better sense to replace the plug with a standard adapter so we can buy replacements in the marketplace.

gnowellsct

Re: Battery Replacement

Post by gnowellsct » Thu May 12, 2011 5:49 am

The batteries clearly seriously suck. Only way to get a good battery is to get get a 3.6v and solder the leads and plug from the old ooma to the new battery.

I just asked for a replacmeent battery on a unit that is only two weeks old and my other unit is showing signs of battery failure.

I would be willing to pay for a good cordless phone. Doesn't look like they're out there to be bought.

Greg N