GOOGLE VOICE & OOMA EXTENTIONS

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
w4jwm
GOOGLE VOICE & OOMA EXTENTIONS

Post by w4jwm » Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

First I must thank Ooma for the quality of there service reps in the Philippines. Job well done for an offshore center!

Now the meat... Ooma Voice and GV is a mess. I am a beta tester - and this Bata Product is not ready for Beta. It has several anomalies that are totally unacceptable..

First the good stuff. The concept is great - having the ability to send voice mail to GV is a wonderful thing. Having my GV number appear on my outgoing Ooma is wonderful. BUT - not being able to turn off the Ooma Voice Screening while using the GV extensions is nuts... making the entire GV extention unusable.

Ooma should reintroduce the Bata with an updated Bata version either without or with an option of Screening. The problem actually becomes imposable when you use a GV as your main number with forwarding to your Ooma, Cell Phone or any other number/device. The Ooma answers in the screening mode before the Cell can even ring...

I would more than happy to do additional Bata Testing.

lbmofo

Re: GOOGLE VOICE & OOMA EXTENTIONS

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

highq

Post by highq » Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 am

w4jwm wrote:I would more than happy to do additional Bata Testing.
Bata testing? Some new games with bats and balls?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu May 12, 2011 11:55 am

highq wrote:Bata testing? Some new games with bats and balls?
Of course not.

Bata (Bulgarian: Бъта) is a village in the Panagyurishte municipality in western Bulgaria. It has 1,345 inhabitants. The village is located in a mountainous region and lies in the Sredna Gora mountain, in the Bata-Banya valley. The river Banska Luda Yana runs through the village and flows in the Panagyurska Luda Yana slightly downstream. There are gold sands in the river between Bata and Popintsi which is at 9 km to the south. There are two micro dams in the land of the village suitable for fishing. A mineral spring exists in the locality Toplika.

The nearest settlements are the town of Panagyurishte at 8 km to the north and the village of Banya at 4 km to the east. There are ruins of a medieval fortress in the vicinity called by the locals Krasen or Kaleto. Golden and silver jewels and coins dating from different periods have been found during excavations.

Some authentic traditions have been preserved. The village has an amateur group called Iglika (cowslip) famous for the presentation of typical traditions, songs and dances with many awards from different fairs. They also participate in various advanced technical rituals including testing Voice over IP and particulate sub-transmogrification.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.