FAXing with OOMA

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
beerman1957
Re: FAXing with OOMA

Post by beerman1957 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 pm

jmd33 wrote:YOU MENTIONED UPDATE FOR THE TELO THAT YOU DO NOT NEED FAX PARAMETER *99,*98 ,ETC.
DOES THE UPDATE ALSO HOLD FOR THE CORE, HUB?

ALSO DOES THE DSL FILTER HELP EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DSL, I HAVE A CABLE INTERNET? WOULD YOU RECOMMEND A DSL FILTER FOR MY FAX MACHINE? COULD IT POSSIBLY BE DETRIMENTAL?
First, turn your caps lock key OFF. Second, the Hub model probably requires *96 or *98. It depends on the brand of fax. I prefer using Efax. Efax is much faster, more reliable. There are other services that allow a few faxes a day over email for free.
I wish Fax would finally die. I am shocked people still use them.

thunderbird

Re: FAXing with OOMA

Post by thunderbird » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

jmd33 wrote:YOU MENTIONED UPDATE FOR THE TELO THAT YOU DO NOT NEED FAX PARAMETER *99,*98 ,ETC.
DOES THE UPDATE ALSO HOLD FOR THE CORE, HUB?

ALSO DOES THE DSL FILTER HELP EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DSL, I HAVE A CABLE INTERNET? WOULD YOU RECOMMEND A DSL FILTER FOR MY FAX MACHINE? COULD IT POSSIBLY BE DETRIMENTAL?
If you have an Ooma Hub, only *99 will work. I would try faxing with and without *99 and use what ever works.