Canceling Ooma after 3 years of premier service

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
AzJazz
Re: Canceling Ooma after 3 years of premier service

Post by AzJazz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:40 am

I have been with ooma for a little over a year now. I *WAS* highly recommending ooma to my friends and family.

However, I am not anymore. Until ooma fixes this "Mr. Roboto" sound quality problem, I can't recommend them to anybody - And, I am seriously considering leaving as well.

Sigh.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:54 am

AzJazz wrote:I have been with ooma for a little over a year now. I *WAS* highly recommending ooma to my friends and family.

However, I am not anymore. Until ooma fixes this "Mr. Roboto" sound quality problem, I can't recommend them to anybody - And, I am seriously considering leaving as well.

Sigh.
Don't give up yet.

View topic viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12608&p=88341#p88341

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12623

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:06 am

thunderbird wrote:
AzJazz wrote:I have been with ooma for a little over a year now. I *WAS* highly recommending ooma to my friends and family.

Sigh.
Don't give up yet.

View topic viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12608&p=88341#p88341
Thunderbird, this Mr Roboto must be dependent on some factors unique to a subset of subs because I was never able to experience it with the Telo that I have. With Hub, never had issues either. Did you experience Mr. Roboto?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 am

lbmofo wrote:Thunderbird, this Mr Roboto must be dependent on some factors unique to a subset of subs because I was never able to experience it with the Telo that I have. With Hub, never had issues either. Did you experience Mr. Roboto?
Last week we experienced the Robotic voice for the first time with our Ooma Telo. If you are listening very closely, although there are mechanical sounds, it sounds to me like a traffic slowdown, or high pressure pipe being squeezed. After an E-mail to Ooma, that evening we received trial firmware version 49977, and that totally cleared up the problem. I've "held my breath" for these few days, but every phone call has been perfect.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 am

I have the same firmware version as you. But not sure what I had last Friday when I used the Telo to talk to a NY friend for a long time. No issues then either.