Cool wireless adapter, but...

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
supeng63
Cool wireless adapter, but...

Post by supeng63 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:49 pm

I like the idea of a wireless adapter but it uses the 1 USB port. I guess its too bad if you want to use the Bluetooth device.
After paying $200 for Telo another $50 is too much, maybe at $20 I'd take it.

I hope someday the wireless adapter will be built into Telo like it should have been all along. And will they upgrade us for free when it is? I think not.

I'm starting to like netTalk more and more.

supeng63

lbmofo

Re: Cool wireless adapter, but...

Post by lbmofo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 pm

You can use an USB hub in case you need both wifi and bluetooth.

Bluetooth is now available for all Ooma users (Premier only before).

If you can't put your Ooma near the modem or router, and you don't want to cough up $49.99, you can buy one of them wifi bridge/APs. Most likely, will cost you more; likely won't work as well as the Ooma Air.

Ooma is rated #1 2011 Consumer Reports User Survey. NetTalk didn't even make the list. MagicJack was rated poor quality and poor reliability. You make the call.

just4fn

Post by just4fn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:12 pm

The beauty of the Telo was the ability to add accessories as they were produced and make public. I don't think add-ons make the Telo less desirable but more desirable. The Telo works fine as purchased. If you want the wireless buy it. Your bluetooth will still work with a usb hub. If your Telo works where it is - don't buy it. This is the 1st time since ooma's inception that you can have your Telo anywhere in the house. I like the fact of waiting for what they will come up with next time. Ooma is a little like apple- always thinking and trying to make in better.
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

kargo27

Post by kargo27 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 am

I bought the bluetooth adapter but didn't like it. It's range is shorter than I expected.

I then bought the wireless adapter and LOVE it! It's reliable, sounds just as good as wired to me (but I may not be as picky as some) and I can put the Telo in a central location and free up a wired port on my router.

I'm very happy with our Telo and the service. It was a good choice for us.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 am