Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
DW40
Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Post by DW40 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:15 am

Has anyone experienced problems with using the ooma app on ios 5? Works fine for us on ios 4 but I'd like to know if anyone has updated successfully and using it there? I wish Ooma app were more like Line2, whereby one could receive as well as make calls!!!

lbmofo

Re: Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:48 am

Works great with 4S hardware.

Sebastien

Post by Sebastien » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:43 am

I am having problems with OS5 on my iPad 1st generation. I upgraded to OS5 this past week and while I can call out, I cannot hear anyone talking (though I can hear that their phone is ringing), nor can they hear me. I do not have the mute on. Any ideas?

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Sebastien wrote:I am having problems with OS5 on my iPad 1st generation. I upgraded to OS5 this past week and while I can call out, I cannot hear anyone talking (though I can hear that their phone is ringing), nor can they hear me. I do not have the mute on. Any ideas?
I am having the same symptoms on my iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS 5. Calls also disconnect after several seconds and some calls don't even ring the called party. Deleting and reinstalling the app doesn't help.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:32 pm

I have an iPhone 4 friend who is having issues as well. Right after connect, dead air. Since I saw your post about deleting and re-installing not working, I asked him to delete from iPhone and iTunes. Re-download in iTunes, then sync. He hasn't had a chance to try that yet. Have you tried?

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:22 am

Yes I tried that and it didn't help.

This problem is now getting worse. My iPhone 4 got a red banner across the top that said "Ooma" and my phone crashed. I did a hard reset, reloaded the app and did a fresh sync. It now works the same as before but has not crashed again, yet.

The phone that I call rings but the call disconnects shortly after the VM message begins.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 am

Before you try calling again, are you killing the app first?
  • Double-click the home button to bring up the app switch task bar
  • Press and hold the Ooma app icon until it jiggles
  • Press the "minus" button and the Ooma app icon will disappear
  • Press the home button again and relaunch the app.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:08 am

ibmofo,
I did the steps you suggested and it still cuts off calls the same as before. One of my calls to my wife's cell phone stayed connected until half way through "hello". I can't imagine how it could be anything other than Ooma Mobile incompatibility with ios 5, since it worked before on my same home WiFi network. I also tried it over 3G and it worked the same way. At least it hasn't crashed my iPhone again.

Hey Ooma, get on it!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 am

Bill D, look at this post and then see about sending the call log (bad calls) to Ooma. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10659#p74129

Then, one of the mods can have a head start.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks. I tried calling the test number in that message you referenced and it cut off the same as all my other calls but it probably left record of what went wrong. Good news is that it's not crashing my iPhone now.

I couldn't see any way to send a call log from the mobile app. I sent an email to tech support describing everything and I'll post again here in this thread about what transpires with my tech support experience.