Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Bill D
Re: Ooma mobile app with ios 5

Post by Bill D » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Ooma Tech Support email says -
"Engineering is aware of this issue with IOS5 and the mobile app. You can either roll back to IOS4 to continue using your app or wait for the fix. There is no ETA on the fix at this time but we diligently working to resolve this for our mobile app users."

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 pm

I guess the good news is that they are working on it.

I noticed as well that the support function is not there anymore in the app; call in progress status is also disabled (used to be able to tell Rx, Tx numbers during a call).

Nate

Post by Nate » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:34 pm

What is the status on the iPhone IOS5 no audio issue?

Many, many of your clients have paid for this service and are unable to use it!

Why has Ooma not issued an update for this problem?

Ooma Support, this needs to be addressed.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Nate wrote:What is the status on the iPhone IOS5 no audio issue?

Many, many of your clients have paid for this service and are unable to use it!

Why has Ooma not issued an update for this problem?

Ooma Support, this needs to be addressed.
Forward your concerns to Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:05 pm

I have a frequent overseas traveler friend wanting to know when fixed (he didn't want to back out of iOS5 on his iPhone 4); if folks know of news on this, please post here. iPhone 4S works fine.

Nate

Post by Nate » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I have opened yet another case with the support department just today [Incident: 111116-000777]

The other cases that were opened were not resolved.

I know I am not the only one having this problem, I have talked to others and they said they called support department on this specific issue and they blamed it on the customers network. Not to sound big headed, but I am a Network Systems Engineer with well over 20 years of professional experience and they cannot just give me another lame excuse to shorten their call times like they do others.

My contact info is listed in the case notes.

PLEASE feel free to call me and I will be happy to help in any way I can to resolve this.

I would also like to know who else ot there is having this issue.

If you are having this same problem then please reply to this posting so we can get an idea of the scope of the problem.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Ooma app updated in iTunes to address this issue. But I am having issues wth the updated app on my iPhone 4S: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12839&start=10#p90261

frenchcamp49er

Post by frenchcamp49er » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:32 pm

lbmofo wrote:Ooma app updated in iTunes to address this issue. But I am having issues wth the updated app on my iPhone 4S: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12839&start=10#p90261

Yep still not working, when will this get fixed? coma techs where are you.
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

bocaboy

Post by bocaboy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:11 am

Count me in as one of the users who can't get this app to work as advertised. I'm on iOS 5.01 and in most cases, Mobile doesn't connect properly, if at all. Also, where is HD audio or any of the additional features that have been requested? It's been months now since iOS was released, so either Ooma should program the app correctly or step to the plate and refund everyone's money. I purchased is because I'm a Premiere subscriber and the first 250 minutes each month are included. It would be a great way to manage my AT&T minutes, which is why I bought it in the first place.

My guess is that more of Ooma's money goes into marketing than into development, and that's why this is at a standstill. 2011 corporate culture equals company first, customer last.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:01 pm

bocaboy wrote:Count me in as one of the users who can't get this app to work as advertised. I'm on iOS 5.01 and in most cases, Mobile doesn't connect properly, if at all. Also, where is HD audio or any of the additional features that have been requested? It's been months now since iOS was released, so either Ooma should program the app correctly or step to the plate and refund everyone's money. I purchased is because I'm a Premiere subscriber and the first 250 minutes each month are included. It would be a great way to manage my AT&T minutes, which is why I bought it in the first place.

My guess is that more of Ooma's money goes into marketing than into development, and that's why this is at a standstill. 2011 corporate culture equals company first, customer last.
Do you have iPhone 4S? The newest app in iTunes does not work for 4S but works for previous hardware (no HD). The previous version of the app works fine with 4S which I am running (with HD).