Voice Path Not Done

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
tonylukac
Voice Path Not Done

Post by tonylukac » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:02 am

Almost 1/3rd the time when making calls with Ooma (after the new firmware upgrade?) the call gets placed and rings at the destination number but no ring or conversation is heard on my end. Sometimes the called party rings but when they answer it goes dead, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I know this occurred before as I read about it here but it's happening once more.

thunderbird

Re: Voice Path Not Done

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 pm

tonylukac wrote:Almost 1/3rd the time when making calls with Ooma (after the new firmware upgrade?) the call gets placed and rings at the destination number but no ring or conversation is heard on my end. Sometimes the called party rings but when they answer it goes dead, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I know this occurred before as I read about it here but it's happening once more.
Some work arounds that helped me and helped others:
Dial Prefix *96, *98, or *99 (*99 may cause echo), for outbound calls before the dialed number for Ooma Telos.

Remove power from the Ooma Telo for 20 minutes, then repower.

I was having this problem for a couple of days earlier this week. Dialing the prefixes didn't seem to help me, but others have said that it has helped them.

Removing power for 20 minutes did seem to help me, but I had to do it several times, over periods of time when I need to use the phone.

What seemed to help me the most was to report my problem to Ooma Customer Support right away. Today my calls have been normal. So while trying the work arounds, also most important is to notify Ooma Customer Support.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

tonylukac

Post by tonylukac » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 am

Tried unplugging it once for an hour and the problem still exists. Hopefully, this will make a note of it and they will notice. I have yet to try the 99 prefix.

tonylukac

Post by tonylukac » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Seems to have improved all by itself.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:54 pm

tonylukac wrote:Seems to have improved all by itself.
What firmware version are you using? One person reported that they recieved a updated later Ooma Telo firmware version 50603.