Where are these feature requests going?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jsevinsk
Where are these feature requests going?

Post by jsevinsk » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:48 am

Is Ooma really considering any of these suggestions? It would be nice to be able to see a list of features that Ooma is working on for the next release.

southsound

Re: Where are these feature requests going?

Post by southsound » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:18 am

I believe that ooma reads the requests and selects the ones that make the most business sense. Some things take a while due to hardware constraints. Others roll out rather quickly. And I think still others just don't make it because of cost, technical limitations, failure to map to ooma's core product/service vision, or limited appeal.

On a lighter note, I was amazed at the April 1 press release where they described their latest multi-function achievement, the ooma OB155. It has truly made my mornings so much better!

You can read that press release here: Ooma partners with Keurig for New Features
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

lbmofo

Re: Where are these feature requests going?

Post by lbmofo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Ooma listens like southsound said. Here are the items that I can remember an Ooma mod making comment about (included in future plans):
  • Do Not Disturb Whitelist
  • Scheduled Do Not Disturb
  • Voicemail On/Off Toggle
  • Caller ID on VMs
  • Blacklisted Call Activity in Call Logs
  • Community Blacklist Visibility