Customer information page

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
johnboy
Customer information page

Post by johnboy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:46 pm

You need a page on your site to post for customers if there is an "outtage" of any type. As you know, a few weeks ago, you had one and it's just dumb to have people flood your phone lines when looking up a page could give the answers. Label it any way you find politicially expedient (i.e. not "OUTTAGE PAGE"), but do have a page to keep customers posted with what's up if they need to go look. Please.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Customer information page

Post by Dennis P » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Hear you loud and clear John. We are going to add a system status page here in the forums so that anyone can check to see if there are services which are currently unavailable due to an outage or maintenance. Look for it soon and thanks for your feedback.

Dennis Peng
Product Guy

shikarishambu

Post by shikarishambu » Sat May 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Dennis,
I think it would be better if the status info is put right on top of the page - in line with the lounge/ activate now link rather than in the forums.
ooma user since May 2008
still on the original white hub

johnboy

Post by johnboy » Sun May 18, 2008 5:24 am

Not sure where the status page should go...

I think the 'login' to the forum once your logged in to the lounge is superflous....

I don't know that you want to publish to non-users what's going on... so for "status"... I support the forum location.

for WHAT"S NEW - definitely ON THE FRONT page of ooma.com

As to logins for forums... You can't use people's phone numbers...
so create a page where we get to select a user name and just attach it to our account so when we are in the forums, it is used, but a second login... is a waste of typing... Plus, non users don't belong in the forums!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon May 19, 2008 9:14 am

Hi johnboy, I agree that having two logins for the forum and the ooma Lounge is redundant. In order to have a single sign-on for both areas, we would definitely need to switch to using usernames for the ooma Lounge. I think we may make this switch in the future.

We should put "what's new" news items on the front page. I think it'll be mirrored with what's on the blog. We'll create more specific "release notes" to highlight new functionalities and features in the ooma updates forum.

Right now, we're allowing everyone read-only access to the forums without a username. While we may open the ooma forums up to the larger group, we'll always have a dedicated portion of the forums for only ooma users.
Bobby B

Emgee

Post by Emgee » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:48 am

Once again, I urge you to have a CURRENT status page on the site. I am having problems in the lounge right now, and called support, only to be told that they know about the problems with the player, and are (probably) working on a fix. However, the status post indicates that these are all working fine.

This informal status post is not good enough, or I should say, would be fine if it were in fact updated when there was a known problem.

thanks
michael

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Michael, The goal is definitely to keep the status page updated in real-time (obviously we're not there yet). I've spoken with the support team leads about keeping the page up to date when there is a known outage and we're going to try and do a better job of attempting to make the status page as up to date as possible.
Bobby B