Joining existing conversation on another handset

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jw56947
Joining existing conversation on another handset

Post by jw56947 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:46 am

I have 3 ooma Telo's. When my wife is on one extension and asks me to pick up another to join the call I push the green button and it asks if I want to join (on the screen) when I push the green button again it does nothing. I have been playing with this for some time and cannot get onto an existing phone conversation with another handset. :?

murphy

Re: Joining existing conversation on another handset

Post by murphy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:17 am

jw56947 wrote:I have 3 ooma Telo's. When my wife is on one extension and asks me to pick up another to join the call I push the green button and it asks if I want to join (on the screen) when I push the green button again it does nothing. I have been playing with this for some time and cannot get onto an existing phone conversation with another handset. :?
Push the left softkey instead of the green button when the question is asked.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jw56947

Post by jw56947 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks for the info. I have tried everything inlcuding the soft key. Now the phone will not ring on an incoming call. When I pick up for an incoming call I cannot hear and I cannot speak yet it picks up the call from my cell phone and everything is dead. I have gone through the troubleshooting guide and I have checked everything on the menu carefully. I guess my 1 month old handset is bad. The other one I have works fine.

cwradio

Post by cwradio » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:16 am

I answer my calls on a HD3 headset. I then try to join that call from a ATT wireless headset in another room connected via the Telo.
When I pick up the ATT phone I get a dial tone, not the conversation that is going on with the HD3. I have BASIC service with OOMA which does not include a second line. Any advice? Thank Paul

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:27 am

Try pushing the flash key on the AT&T phone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx