Ooma Unveils New Telo Handset @ 2012 CES, WOW!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Pajoe
Re: Ooma Unveils New Telo Handset @ 2012 CES, WOW!

Post by Pajoe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 am

lbmofo wrote:rmeden, I think the contact pics from FB will be stored on the Ooma side after pulls from FB (to be displayed when relevant calls comes in). Facebook will not know who called you because the handshakes between Ooma and Facebook will not be on per call basis and will not be triggered by any calls.

On the incoming callerid name display, name lookup happens on per call basis so it costs Ooma $ to do it. More info on the cost of name lookup here: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/outbou ... am-display

Ooma listens to the forum/feature requests. Some examples of what's coming in the future:
  • Telo Handset Headset Jack, AA Battery
  • Do Not Disturb Whitelist
  • Scheduled Do Not Disturb
  • Voicemail On/Off Toggle
  • Caller ID on VMs
  • Blacklisted Call Activity in Call Logs
  • Community Blacklist Visibility

I do not know if we will buy a the new Telo Handset but am looking forward to Ooma adding the "Do Not Disturb Whitelist" . My wife is a day sleeper and the other day she had 4 calls within a few minutes, none left messages. I added them to the blacklist but that only stops future calls. She can not use "Do Not Disturb" because she needs the phone to ring and wake her if it is certain callers. I also suspect some of the telemarketers are changing numbers, a call gets blocked and a few minutes later another one from a similar number.

One option I would like to see Ooma offer is data collection and reporting of violaters of the "No-Call" lists. Ooma can have the financial rewards for reporting the violations on my behalf, I just want the calls to stop. A coworker has gotten several financial rewards for reporting "No Call" list violators and I think that is good but I would be willing to sign over those rewards to Ooma to take care of it all for me.

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

So, I was at CES and spoke with a few Ooma folks at the booth. Sounded like this new Telo Handset was set to release on "March 1" from the folks I spoke with... only a few days away. Anybody find anything to support March 1 as the launch date?? You'd think we would have heard by now.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 pm

kruegs wrote:So, I was at CES and spoke with a few Ooma folks at the booth. Sounded like this new Telo Handset was set to release on "March 1" from the folks I spoke with... only a few days away. Anybody find anything to support March 1 as the launch date?? You'd think we would have heard by now.
I think it was "sometime in March" That could be end of March.

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm

I suppose anything is possible, but I can tell you that the folks I spoke with at their booth told me more than once March 1st. I wouldn't be surprised if it is much later than March... but that is the pessimist in me.

skymom

Post by skymom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

I've been watching for this to be available since the announcement at CES. Does anyone know when it will be available for purchase? It was supposed to be out in March, and we're running out of "March".. :) (Assuming it's March 2012).

Thank you in advance!
Ooma Telo, Telo Handset, Premier customer since March 2010.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 am

I heard that the new HD2 handsets won't be out this month. New revised release date TBD.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 pm

lbmofo wrote:I heard that the new HD2 handsets won't be out this month. New revised release date TBD.
This is really good news in disguise. IMO the first release was a bit early and there were way too many bugs/hardware issues. Lets hope Ooma takes it's time with these. I'll wait.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

lzhj9k

Post by lzhj9k » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 am

Any update on the new gen 2 Telo handset

I had inquired and was told it is 2nd Quarter

They could not provide any date........

Mike

brianwi

Post by brianwi » Sun May 27, 2012 9:12 pm

I chatted with an Ooma rep the other day to inquire about handset availability, and was told mid-June.

guster98

Post by guster98 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:12 pm

brianwi wrote:I chatted with an Ooma rep the other day to inquire about handset availability, and was told mid-June.
Thank you for posting the update. I can't wait.