Speed Dial

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Telo_BK
Re: Speed Dial

Post by Telo_BK » Fri May 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Please explain further- I don't know what one-touch VM access is (I don't think)- never seen a feature with that name.

EDIT: I looked at the feature list and it shows that but I haven't found any explanation anywhere. If you (and this feature in Ooma's list of Telo features) are referring to the play button on the Ooma- every home answering machine has that, as do most wireless base stations and cordless handsets. But the feature listed for the Telo says (under that feature)- Check messages from anywhere in your house. The Telo QSG doesn't say how to do that from any phone in the house other than by dialing your own number. That's hardly one-touch. Even if it were one-touch- it's an oldie but a goodie, far from unique to Ooma.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri May 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Anyone else give you VM review like answering machine yet make it available remotely via web and any phone?
Via HD2, it is 1 button too.

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Yes, there are plenty of VM interfaces that are web-accessible. Those are typically used for businesses, but Google Voice is probably the most widely deployed, and it targets consumers. Having one touch access from wireless handsets is not unique- nor even unusual- is it? Neither feature is industry-leading or a "game changer". So why don't they add speed dial from any (ANY) phone? People are asking for it. It's a familiar interface, people are comfortable with it.

Let not Ooma repeat Microsoft's mistake with Windows 8- trying to dictate the interface to the customer. It just doesn't work that way.

Ignore your customers at your own peril, Ooma!

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 am

EX Bell wrote:
Gil wrote:I am new to ooma but was very disappointed that it did not have speed dial. Just left nettalk but they did have speed dial which was a VERY nice feature. This surely should not be a hard things to implement
Gil
Don't you think that this would be a strange thing for the development team to put thier efforts into when they already support access to the Telo address book from their handsets? They even support import and export which is really nice. Ooma has a relatively small development team. Not to mention that many people have multi-unit cordless handsets that support speed dial, where entry on one handset automatically copies it to all other handsets. Some even support import from address book files as well.

No disrespect, but I fail to see how features like speed dial further the growth of the company. Innovation is what keeps the electronics industry healthy. If you just copy exactly what your competitor does, then you are left with nothing to compete on than price and that is always a losing proposition. Development of such a feature at a time when efforts are also focused on the business product would not be an efficient use of company resources. I personally would prefer the company sell more of their HD2 handsets to consumers that want quick access to phone numbers. Ooma put a lot of development time and effort into the HD2 and I'm also pleased that they are putting efforts into the Ooma Business product because I want to sell it here in Canada when it's available.

As long as Ooma continues to grow in efficient ways and earn revenue from their equipment sales and subscriptions, we as Ooma customers win and Ooma will be less likely to have to raise the subscription rates or take other measures to improve earnings.

Programmable speed dial would be very nice to have for customers who opt to use the Linx instead of the HD2s! (Like me.)

Ma Bell had speed dial back in the 1960's. :!: It should be a standard feature by now, especially for those who pay extra for Premier.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

technoir

Post by technoir » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm

So is this October 2017 and Ooma is not offering speed dial yet?!!

This is crazy! I thought this was a California based competitive IT company.

Why aren't you making your users happy and recurrent subscribers with such an easy request.

There could be one easy additional item under the PHONE tab called SPEED DIAL and one would assign a number to contacts one has already entered in one's contact base, with an additional feature to print it out (simple and nice and with choice of font-size, the way Apple does it). One could have 99 speed dial numbers, and the life of so many people, say senior citizens, sight-challenged, hand-challenged or flat out busy folks would be much easier.

Speed dial could also make Alexa easier to work, since it doesn't understand most names or last names that are not in English and this is a multicultural world!

Looking at this forum in October 2017 makes me wonder if Ooma Telo Decision makers pay attention to this remarkable requests from their user base, who can choose other products upon term expiration.

Do Ooma managers ever read or respond to these forums? Is this wasted time?

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Still no speed dial?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Rmonio

Post by Rmonio » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:54 am

I’ve been searching here on Speed Dial for a while. We do have the HD3 handset and we can set that up - but I’m also interested in allowing my older AT&T DecT phones (3 remotes on base station) to allow their speed dial lists to work. I might suggest allowing a # combination for those numbers so the phone can wait until OOMA makes connection and then dials.

Anyone conquered this yet?

-Bob