Record Calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
sokha
Re: Record Calls

Post by sokha » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 pm

I believe you are quoting Martha Stewart...
we might be using the same words.
but no, it came out from me.
i know Martha....went to her party once in Scottsdale, Arizona here.
but no, i never watch her show or read her stuff.

i do used the philosophy of Mohatma Gandhi which influence many civil liberty leader worldwide.
some names you might recognize are Martin Luther King, Jr., John Lennon, Al Gore, etc.

noticed the folks who practiced Gandhi's technique either get killed or thrown in prison....excep Al Gore, of course.
but then again, we knew what happened with the 2000 election.
Al might as well be DEAD!! :-)

at some point in our life, we need to decide.
give us liberty or give us death.
now, that's the line i got from somebody else. :-)

poisoncidr

Post by poisoncidr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Seems logical to me, although logic does not apply to the law, that if you leave a recording and the person continues with the call, they have agreed to the terms of your system. Once the caller is aware that the call may or may not be recorded, he/she has the option to hang up or complain about your policy.
When I call some place and they give me that recording, I quickly let them know that I am also recording. I used it against my insurance company once and it saved my ass. Once they heard their people on recording, they changed their tune.
:D

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:45 pm

poisoncidr wrote:Seems logical to me, although logic does not apply to the law, that if you leave a recording and the person continues with the call, they have agreed to the terms of your system. Once the caller is aware that the call may or may not be recorded, he/she has the option to hang up or complain about your policy.
When I call some place and they give me that recording, I quickly let them know that I am also recording. I used it against my insurance company once and it saved my ass. Once they heard their people on recording, they changed their tune.
:D
So I says to myself, "Self, since this is my first post to the forum, why don't I find an obscure thread that has not been commented upon in the past 22 months and post my opinion to that thread?"

Not to discourage a new poster but your choice of first posts eludes logic. That said, welcome to ooma and to the forum. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

flyjfdi

Post by flyjfdi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 am

In as much as call recording can be a sticky situation legally, it would be a nice feature.. but to keep everyone out of jail the "beep" tone that is required would be nice too... that way I don't get sued =)

SiggSoft

Finally A Recording Solution For Ooma Office Users

Post by SiggSoft » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 am

Please take a look at http://OomaRecorder.com for a recording solution for Ooma Office users that use IP phones. Due to the encryption that Ooma uses IP phones are the only phones that this product can record. They offer a free trial that is exactly like the paid product except only the first 60 seconds are recorded per call. The recorder is $19.95 and offers free updates. Take 5 minutes to see if this is a recording solution for you. Buy the way they have a 30 day money back guarantee... No questions asked.

Tdiguy

Post by Tdiguy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:12 am

Before you start recording calls, make sure to check your state's statutes to determine if you have to notify the other party to the call before recording. Otherwise you might run afoul of criminal wiretap laws. Although under federal law only one party has to consent to the recording to avoid problems, some states--Maryland comes to mind (remember the Linda Tripp case)--require both parties consent to the recording.

Google voice notifies the other caller they are being recorded as soon as you initiate recording and it plays that mandatory beep every 15 seconds to remind them.