Porting from COX Comunications

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
glecko
Porting from COX Comunications

Post by glecko » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Thus far it has been a nightmare ... each time I provide info, I am told that it's not the right stuff. I've been emailing with Jennifer and she has been good about letting me know the status, but I'm very frustrated that the port is not complete, and seemingly Cox won't let it go. I asked if there was any way I could get on the phone with Ooma's carrier and Cox and iron this out ... would be so much easier ...

Any suggestions from people out there that have ported their # from Cox?

bluesgene

Re: Porting from COX Comunications

Post by bluesgene » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Did you know it takes 2 to 3 weeks to port with Ooma? I had my # ported from Cox and it took about 20 days but went fine.

glecko

Re: Porting from COX Comunications

Post by glecko » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:31 am

bluesgene wrote:Did you know it takes 2 to 3 weeks to port with Ooma? I had my # ported from Cox and it took about 20 days but went fine.
Yup - I'm aware that it takes that long. I'm not sure why but each time I provided info about my account, it seems that it was not enough. I'm sure it will get taken care of soon (it's been over 1 month since I started the port)

Thx for the feedback though ... glad to know that it is possible. <grin>