Whitelist ... please

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
syshav
Re: Whitelist ... please

Post by syshav » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Whitelist please

ShihTzuMommy

Post by ShihTzuMommy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Here Here. Please let us know if and/or when these important features will become available.

cinemachine

Post by cinemachine » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am

I have another Blacklist management request. If you aren't going to let us go beyond the 256 number limit and force us to delete some of the old numbers in order to add new ones, then PLEASE let us delete more than one at a time. It is MADDENING to have to go one number at a time to delete.

This is how it should work.

1. Click "View All"
2. Check boxes next to all of the numbers you want to delete off of the BL
3. Click "Delete All"

Done!

Is that so hard to implement?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 am

You probably meant "delete checked?" In any case, I made Ooma aware of this ask: /viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14441&start=10#p105504

Other blacklist related requests: /viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14441&start=10#p104475
cinemachine wrote:If you aren't going to let us go beyond the 256 number limit and force us to delete some of the old numbers in order to add new ones
BTW, Ooma just enabled wildcard blacklisting viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15436&start=0#p108297

For me, I had 247 blacklist entries the other day.....using a more conservative approach, just combining same NPA-NXX (at least and most of the time, combining entries with same NPA-NXX or Area Code-Exchange and like 1st digit subscriber number), using wildcard entries, I got my entries down to 197. Also, I can now block most invalid phone numbers using 0* and 1* wildcard blacklist entries (blocks all incoming phone numbers starting with 0 or 1).

cinemachine

Post by cinemachine » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

Yes Ibmofo, good catch as I did mean to put "Delete Checked."

Thanks for the Wildcard link. That will help. So why don't they have instructions for how to do this on the Blacklist page of "my Ooma?" instead of just posting them in a forum? Seems like a no-brainer.

I'd also like to be able to sort all of my Blacklist numbers by NAME so that I can more easily compare their numbers, which would make the wildcard process much easier.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 am

cinemachine wrote:I'd also like to be able to sort all of my Blacklist numbers by NAME so that I can more easily compare their numbers, which would make the wildcard process much easier.
Good idea. For now though, go expand your personal blacklist (view all) and then copy and paste into Excel. Sort by number and do some clean up that way. 1 by 1 deleting and adding of Personal Blacklist right now collapses the list so not very ideal.

As for feature request, how does this look?

• Much like how call logs sorting works with Phone Number, Name, etc., give abitlity to sort Personal Blacklist by Number, Caller Name, and Category. *Edit 5/9/13: Add "Date Added" to the sort fields.
  • Once "view all" is clicked, leave the Personal Blacklist in that mode and not collapse once entry added or deleted.
Last edited by lbmofo on Thu May 09, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MapleOne

Post by MapleOne » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:38 pm

murphy wrote:Call Customer Service and have them change your forum user ID to something other than your phone number.
This is a public forum and you have effectively published your phone number on the internet.
HeHeHe

He is going to go YIKES when he realizes that. :o

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Thu May 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Does anyone know the status of the whitelist feature? Hopefully something more than ... "being worked on". ;)

I have almost stopped updating my blacklist - there are just so many new numbers it seems pointless. I still add a number every now and then, when it is particularly annoying, but my spirit is almost broken. :(

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 16, 2013 4:22 pm

You must not know about the wildcard blacklisting introduced last month?

You can block entire area codes. Example: 231*

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/person ... blacklists

Here is how I did mine: /viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14774&start=30#p109122

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 pm

lbmofo wrote:You must not know about the wildcard blacklisting introduced last month?
I saw that when it was introduced. Unless I misread it ... that's not whitelisting. I am talking about whitelisting.

Are you saying that Ooma considers the blacklist wildcards to also address the whitelisting request, and whitelisting is no longer being developed?