VIP ring

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
ajricaud
VIP ring

Post by ajricaud » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am

Verizon has a feature wherein you can have certain phone numbers in a "VIP" list. When any of those numbers calls you your phone rings with a distinctive 3 rings. You then know it is someone important. I'd like to switch from Verizon to Ooma but this is kinda holding me back.

MLXXXp

Re: VIP ring

Post by MLXXXp » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:06 am

It would be even more flexible to be able to specify the ring pattern for each individual number in the contacts list. The default for this field would be "default", which would use the ring pattern specified for the line being called.

holmes4

Post by holmes4 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 am

I haven't enabled this, but there is some sort of call screening feature of the Telo where it will "announce" calls. Not sure exactly how this works. I have been using a caller ID unit that speaks the number (or a name I record) so it's pretty easy to tell who is calling. Doesn't help though if I am far enough away from the announcer in the house, so I like the custom ring idea.
Steve

MLXXXp

Post by MLXXXp » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:10 am

holmes4 wrote:I haven't enabled this, but there is some sort of call screening feature of the Telo where it will "announce" calls. Not sure exactly how this works.
That feature just let's you listen to voicemail messages as they're being recorded, via the Telo's built in speaker. If, while listening to the message, you decide that you wish to talk to the caller, you can pick up the phone to continue the conversation. It doesn't announce anything and only functions once the call goes to voicemail.

ajricaud

Post by ajricaud » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Ooma (Bobby), any chance this can be implemented in the future?

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:26 am

ajricaud wrote:Verizon has a feature wherein you can have certain phone numbers in a "VIP" list. When any of those numbers calls you your phone rings with a distinctive 3 rings. You then know it is someone important. I'd like to switch from Verizon to Ooma but this is kinda holding me back.
I would like to be able to program a distinctive three short rings for all numbers that are on the contact list. Then I would not have to wait until the caller ID appeared before knowing if I could just let the call be screened by the answering machine.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

sabretooth02

Post by sabretooth02 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:17 am

This feature is available on almost all modern DECT 6 phones that you can buy and connect to the Ooma box.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 am

sabretooth02 wrote:This feature is available on almost all modern DECT 6 phones that you can buy and connect to the Ooma box.
Yes, I can select a special ring tone for callers that are listed in the Panasonic system Phonebook, and I have enabled that feature. But the Panasonic does not get the caller ID until after the first ring. If Ooma offered a distinctive ring pattern for contacts in My Ooma, I would be able to hear it on the first ring. And it would also work with vintage phones (that I collect) which are connected to a Linx.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions