The most INCREDIBLE feature suggestion discussion

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
OneCustomerOfMany
Re: The most INCREDIBLE feature suggestion discussion

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:30 pm

lbmofo wrote:if a device is suppressing ring until callerid is received, that would shorten your opportunity to answer calls
That is correct. I do not see even the teeniest, tiniest problem with that. ;)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:48 pm

OneCustomerOfMany wrote:
lbmofo wrote:What you want is handled on the right side via the "Contacts Exception."
Not quite. That logic will always ring through if the number is not blacklisted. My suggestion allows me to make such calls go to voice mail--I don't want those numbers ringing, but I want them to go to voice mail so I can check later if they are important. My suggestion gives us better control.
In today's Ooma blacklist implementation, it won't meet your needs but tomorrow, when entry level exceptions are implemented, you will be able to define entry level treatment options for blacklist entries (the most explicit entries taking precedence). For the thing you want to work, your least explicit entry or entries would send calls to VM.

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:57 pm

That sounds promising - how would that work for making everything not specifically blacklisted and not in my contacts go to voice mail? Would I have a blacklist entry "*" (star) that matches everything else, and I could make that go to voicemail while the more specific rules are completely blocked?

(Note also that my suggestion would work fine with PIN privacy.)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Ooma probably won't allow just a "*" blacklist entry either in the future so 10 entries (0* through 9*) to cover all numbers (send them to voicemail and you'd get what you want).

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Ah, good point - thanks. I remember that now from previous posts. That would do the trick.
Has there been any feedback from OOMA about "entry level exceptions"? Is it a planned feature? Might we see it this year?

waynedunham

Post by waynedunham » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 am

The only thing missing from this flowchart that would make it the "most INCREDIBLE feature" is that we could completely eliminate the personal and private blacklists with the simple addition of a "Send 5000 volts back to callers handset" option. ;) ( I know that this is far too humane a treatment for a telemarketer, in an ideal world they would be forced to suffer horrendous torture (that would make waterboarding look like tickles and hugs) for an eternity.

MapleOne

Post by MapleOne » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:51 am

Might be a bit hard to administer, but a loud shrieking two minute long noise might deter them from calling back :D

It might even be possible to implement if Ooma saw the humorous side :P

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 am

Actually, here is the latest and greatest call flow proposal:

From this post: /viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15620&start=10#p109485

No mention of zapping the caller or blasting harsh sound still :)

Tkl

Post by Tkl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

It truly is the most incredible feature. But what are the chances? I am tired of waiting.

OneCustomerOfMany

Post by OneCustomerOfMany » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 pm

I am increasingly skeptical since I found a post in another thread that indicates they were working on "allowing you to block short/malformed caller-ids" five years ago!