Suggestion: RSS Feeds

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
markandjenn
Suggestion: RSS Feeds

Post by markandjenn » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:37 am

I would love to see a method for viewing voicemails in an RSS Feed and even better yet, a widget for viewing and/or playing voicemail in Netvibes (or one of the many other RSS feed compilers).

Also, a call log RSS feed would be great as well.

skellener

Re: Suggestion: RSS Feeds

Post by skellener » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:57 am

markandjenn wrote:I would love to see a method for viewing voicemails in an RSS Feed and even better yet, a widget for viewing and/or playing voicemail in Netvibes (or one of the many other RSS feed compilers).

If an RSS Feed was created, wouldn't that make your voicemail available for the public to subscribe to? Is that something your really want? I didn't think RSS feeds could be made private. Maybe they can.

markandjenn

Re: Suggestion: RSS Feeds

Post by markandjenn » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:24 pm

skellener wrote:
markandjenn wrote:I would love to see a method for viewing voicemails in an RSS Feed and even better yet, a widget for viewing and/or playing voicemail in Netvibes (or one of the many other RSS feed compilers).

If an RSS Feed was created, wouldn't that make your voicemail available for the public to subscribe to? Is that something your really want? I didn't think RSS feeds could be made private. Maybe they can.
Maybe it would not be an RSS feed, then. My apolgies if I requested the wrong technology, but in Netvibes (and I am sure other sites) there is a widget that you can use that lets you view your e-mail on Hotmail, GMail, etc. Those are password protected widgets, which I guess are not RSS feeds, my apologies for the error.

I would like to see an Ooma widget that allowed the same functionality.