Daily Timed DND with VIP calls allowed

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
gleiker
Re: Daily Timed DND with VIP calls allowed

Post by gleiker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:17 am

I too would like this feature.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:13 pm

They make automated dialing devices for alarm systems and such. Perhaps with a little tinkering one of these could be connected to your Telo and programmed to dial *78 (turn DND on) and *79 (turn DND off) at your selected times.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Timed DND is currently available with Google Voice, so I would make this upgrade a higher priority to keep up with the competition.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

penman

Post by penman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:03 am

BUMP
Would it not be nice to set the DND from 5:00PM to 700PM so that you could eat your dinner without your brother-in-law bothering you right in the middle of eating ! (personal issue)

MAKE THIS HAPPEN :!: :!: :!:

P

dmarcus123

Post by dmarcus123 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:21 pm

oomamaniacal wrote:Timed DND is currently available with Google Voice, so I would make this upgrade a higher priority to keep up with the competition.
It is also an iPhone feature.

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 am

thomasm wrote:They make automated dialing devices for alarm systems and such. Perhaps with a little tinkering one of these could be connected to your Telo and programmed to dial *78 (turn DND on) and *79 (turn DND off) at your selected times.
If the feature doesn't become available with Ooma, I may be interested in such a device since sometimes before leaving for work I'll put it into DND then (usually) take it off after dinner, but sometimes I forget.

Now you got me thinking - I wonder if Procomm (a telecom program) could be programmed to run a script at a certain time for a modem connected to the lie to do the dialing, or some other program. The commands would be ATDT*78 (*79).

shellbr

Post by shellbr » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 am

+1 for timed DND and VIP list

jvernon73

Post by jvernon73 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:29 am

This would be a blessing for me as I work nights and sleep during the day. I can't turn my DND on because I have an elderly mother who may need to get a hold of me if there was an emergency. Every once in a while someone calls the wrong number or a telemarketer calls waking me up during the day. My android phone has a timed DND and only those on my contact list can contact me when the DND is turned on however I don't get a very good signal for my cell phone where I live so it may or may not work if she did call me.

Rick Sloan

Post by Rick Sloan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:04 am

I would love this too. I just posted a similar request a few days ago not realizing this post was here. In fact this is a much better idea than what I had suggested (I did not have the VIP calls allowed). This would be a great addition.

WaltC

Post by WaltC » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Yes!-- timed DND and VIP list
I'm surprised it hasn't been added by now-- this feature has been requested many, many times.

On several occasions over the years we've had repeated midnight callers-- almost like we were being stalked-- they would wake us up & then hang up. The next day we'd block that number & they'd just use another the next night. Who wants to put up with that?? Still we need for immediate family members to get through at any time of day or night. We could manually do the DND thing-- a drag to consistently remember-- but then no one can get in-- that's an even bigger problem-- especially in an emergency. Seems like an obvious Premium feature to provide.