Caller ID for Voice Messages

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
BobNight
Caller ID for Voice Messages

Post by BobNight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 am

I have found that having a caller ID on my old answering machine is a feature that I miss with the ooma system. Many calls I receive are for solicitations, and in the past I was able to delete them without listening to the message. Also, if I wanted to return a call form a message, I could see the return number to call without listing to the message again.

Have there been any thoughts of supplying and extra piece of hardware, or redesigning the hub or scouts with this feature?

Thanks

skellener

Re: Caller ID for Voice Messages

Post by skellener » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 am

I think if you use the mailbox in the Ooma Lounge it shows who called. Not a hardware solution like you wanted, but at least you can see who called.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Caller ID for Voice Messages

Post by Bobby B » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:11 am

Hello BobNight,

We currently don't have any near-term plans to redesign voicemail playback from the Hub and Scout. However, we do have the ability today to play the "message envelope" aka the caller-ID information anytime during the message playback. With your handset on, just press the play button to start listening to your messages. Press "8" and then "1" anytime during the message to listen to the caller-ID and date information.

More handset functions for voicemail can be found at:
Topic Link

We also have some features on the near-term development roadmap to assist with blocking unwanted calls.

-Bobby
Bobby B